3

December 27, New York

Three hours later (Three hours? Perhaps it may be just merely forty-five minutes. Whatever the case, time truly flies!) and it was already noon, in New York, of course. Who could have risk some countries having jet-lag flying in and out of timelines. As countries flitted in and out of the cafeteria, a mixture of smells from food (some of them adjusted to fit every person's taste) wafted from the cafeteria. However, since we shall save our reader from being hungry, we will focus our attentions away from the cafeteria and to the hallways where the one's who have finished or were not hungry prowled and paced.

China, who had lost his appetite after the very secret meeting, paced on and on in his office, which was quite similar to UN's office except much more smaller, and very neat, the only source of mess being paperwork that had been arranged into three columns on his desk. A small white marble cat, a Maneki Neko, as Japan would call it, sat on the far right on his desk, away from the paperwork. The office had a slight smell of incense, despite the fact that China wasn't a religious person.

His words kept echoeing in his head on loop:
"Let's see... how about any of the two Koreas?!"

Why had he been so rash? China kept thinking over and over, Why would he accuse the Korean Brothers, mixing them into the mess to make an even more confusing situation?

Suddenly he stopped dead in his tracks.
No, you had to. Otherwise you would be convicted, or worse, dead.
The thought seemed to calm him down a bit, however his heart still throbbed of regret.

"Why," China whispered to himself, "Why did I--"

Just then a knock came. It was just a knock, nothing too special. However China braced himself has he approached the door and turned the doorknob.

A little country with a white uniform, similar to China's however more gleaned on the late colonial Spanish era, with the Philippine flag on his face and a sun on his left eye stared up at him. He had dark brown eyes. I don't think I need to explain who he is.

"China," Philippines, or Phil, began with a tone that didn't quite suit him, "Come with me."

Not knowing what would happen next, he obeyed. Phil led him to corridors China had only stepped foot into a few times. They stopped near Phil's office at the ASEAN corridor and, more to China's regret, saw South Korea waiting for them. South Korea wore an outfit similar to America, however his entire outfit was black with a slight bluish tinge, white gloves, and his peaked cap had the Korean emblem on it. South Korea was also wearing black loafers.

After Phil made sure that no one was listening, he turned to the two and started a conversation (or rant) about Japan's death.

"...China, you have got to know who killed him!" Phil ranted, "Its not fair that you only know the result!"

"I don't know!" China half-shouted the same words over and over, "Looks, Phil, since you have so much friends, including America, I mean, Russia, why don't you ask any of them? They've seen what I've seen! They were in the exact same room as I am!"

"Well if you don't know, then what use is it to ask anyone else?!"

"Phil, I swear to God, you're getting more and more mental each. Day."

"Why did you even bring me into this conversation when all you want to talk about is Japan?" South Korea cut in loudly. It was clearly evident that talking about someone he had hated for so long due to a bad history made him very uncomfortable.

"Because I am his friend!" Phil shot right back.

"That doesn't mean you have to forgive people so easily despite the bad things they've done to you," South shouted.