Meeting Him

Hej guys, it's me. I'm a little depressed at the moment, so writing this isn't as hard, haha. I have a question: is this too.... I don't know. I just got a question at school asking why their backgrounds had to be sad, why can't they be normal or something like that. The truth is, not everyone has a happy background. People are starving in the streets, children don't have clothing, they're dying left and right. Honestly, in this world, not many people have a happy background, or current life. Sorry for my little rant, I just had to get it out of my system. Enjoy.

Recap
~~~~
"Wang Yao. School doctor-aru. You're Lukas Bondevik, correct?"

Lukas nodded. "M-Hm. Now how am I going to get to class?"

Wang Yao smiled again. "We've got someone from your class here to pick you up."

~~~~

Lukas was rather curious as Wang Yao opened the door and led Lukas out behind him. Lukas was secretly hoping for a pretty girl, shy and quiet, kind of like him.

Fate just didn't like Lukas.

Lukas peered around Wang Yao and saw a tall, strongly built boy with blond locks that rose to the sky, spiking out all over his head. The kid's hair amused Lukas, and he had to hold back a chuckle. The boy was plucking the petals off of the pretty office plant. Upon hearing the door open, the boy--a man, really-- jumped and turned around, knocking over the plant, and in a scramble to hide it, slipped and knocked over another plant. The man landed on his butt, and the flowerpot and plant landed on his head. "SKIDE LORT!" He shouted in Danish.

Lukas held back a snort, and instead scoffed loudly. "This is the gallant knight in shining armor who has come to my rescue?" He asked sarcastically.

The guy stood up, brushing himself off, then smiled and held out his semi-filthy hand. "Matthias Køhler, professional knight in shining armor!" He laughed.

It wasn't until Matthias stood up that Lukas realized just the size of the man. Okay, Lukas was thin as a rail, but he wasn't THAT short, was he? Matthias had to be at least six feet tall, maybe about two-hundred pounds. Not fat though. Pure, strong muscle. The kid was an ox.

Lukas took Matthias's hand gingerly, and Matthias clamped on with a grip that could break bones, and shook vigorously. Lukas was practically thrown off his feet. Matthias let go and chuckled apologetically. "Hej, sorry," he began, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "I just don't know my own strength sometimes!" He laughed.

Lukas looked at him, unamused. "Okay. What class is it now?" He asked, but Matthias kept rambling.

"You know, we have every class together! You can just follow me around, maybe we can be friends? I mean, I don't know your past, judging on your eyes and the way you act it seems to have been tough. Hey Wang Yao, can I use the restroom?"

Wang Yao, whom of which had been freaking at the fallen flowerpots, straightened up. "Ugh, sure. Down the hall, last room on the left."

"Thanks!" Matthias dashed down the hall. 'Is that kid ADHD or something?' Lukas thought.

A door to Lukas's right burst open, and a rather handsome man with curly brown hair and deep brown eyes with a scraggly beard popped out, still in his chair. "Was that Matthias I heard?" He asked, with a slight Italian accent.

Wang Yao jumped, then bowed slightly. "Yes, it was. Lukas, this is Principal Vargas."

Mr. Vargas smiled wide at Lukas. "Hello Lukas!" He then turned his attention to Wang Yao. "How was Matthias?" He asked, his expression solemn.

Wang Yao sighed and looked down the hallway with a sad expression. "He was happy. Very smiley, he joked around." He looked back at Mr. Vargas. "It sure is nice to see a smile on his face. After... Anyway! So, Lukas, just wait there for Matthias." Wang Yao disappeared into the doctor's office, and Mr. Vargas chuckled, rolling his chair back into his office.