Chapter Fourteen

"Okay, I turned off the stove and put the recipe away. Oh! The milk! I need to put that away." Cybele talks to herself. Kurt smiles as he leans against the door frame. He looks at Cybele softly. She is wearing a black bomber jacket over black overall shorts with a plain gray shirt under it.

Cybele turns around to see Kurt smiling. She smiles back at him sweetly. Her heart beats faster as she recognizes the clothes Kurt is wearing. It's some of the clothes that she fixed up for him. Dark jeans and a loose long sleeve shirt with a black leather jacket over it.

She walks towards him hesitantly and watches his tail swaying behind him. She giggles, causing Kurt to giggle along with her. Cybele tugs at his shirt. Kurt tilts his head in confusion, but a smile still resides on his face.

"What is it, Cybele?" Kurt questions as Cybele tugs at his shirt.

"You look...you look cute." Cybele sighs gleefully as she admires Kurt's bed head hair. "Really fucking cute."

"Oh, thank you, Cybele. But take a look at yourself, you look so pretty." Kurt says as he watches the nature mutant blush, practically glowing.

"Thank you, Kurt!" Cybele mumbles.

     Kurt looks at her, pulling into a hug. He hugs her tightly. Cybele giggles lightly as she hugs him back.

     "Now would you like to see the weapons? I like to call it my beloved weaponry." Cybele mumbles into Kurt's neck.

"Yes please."

     "C'mon, you teddy bear, let's go." Cybele takes the blue mutant's hand and leads him out into the garden.

A light fog rests right above the ground. Plants are still vibrant and beautiful. Grapes hang from the lamp posts and big watermelon sit, cluttered, around wooden posts. Banana's are almost as yellow and green as can be.

"I've always wanted to ask you something." Kurt states as he looks at all the plants, fruits, and vegetables. "How do you grow the fruits and vegetables when they are not in season?" He glances at the huge carrots popping out the ground.

"I put the soil that I grow them in a sort of simulation. Why do you ask?" Cybele tells him.

"I overheard Logan saying something about your giant garden, how it doesn't make sense." He tells her, glancing at her.

"And how annoying it is and how he could get lost in the damn thing? I've heard his complaints many times." Cybele says to Kurt, laughing a little. The two make a turn and two little black butterflies wonder throw the air, soon to slowly start circling around Cybele's head.

Kurt admires the butterflies. He admires the ease of Cybele. She is so calm. He just can't help but look at her. Cybele is so beautiful. She doesn't need makeup or a filter. It's like she is already a filter. She just glows. Her glow is practically vibrating. It's not a visible glow, but it's hard to explain how people know she is glowing. It's beautiful.

"I think you and Logan could be wonderful friends. It may take him to soften up a bit. I'm took me a while. The man is as stubborn as a mule." Cybele states as she places a gentle kiss on Kurt's Cheek. "But I'm pretty sure he likes you."

"Or what if he doesn't?"

"I'll make him like you."

The couple continues to walk down a moss stone path and into a field. There is a large rad and black barn. Deer wander around it, crickets and roads are loud, and birds fly beautifully as the sing.

Cybele pulls out a set of keys to unlock a cabinet. It shoots out and a scanner appears. Cybele presses her thumb against the scanner and the barn doors open.

"C'mon, there's a lot to see," Cybele tells Kurt as she walks in. Kurt follows her and the barn doors slam shut, startling him. Cybele turns on dim lights, yet golden lights fly down the walls of the barn, highlighting weapons.

Shiny swords, guns, stunning motorcycles, two expensive sports cars, everything. There are weapons that Kurt has never seen before. He is amazed by not only the weapons but the decorations.

Beautiful hanging plants and floating lights that glow green. Strings of LED lights support the hanging plants, but yet they are everywhere. They help the vines and moss crawling up the walls stand out.

"You like it here?" Cybele asks as she catches Kurt's eyes wander the place. He still couldn't believe what a beautiful place it is, yet it holds weapons and collections of things.

"All of this is yours?"

"Yes. I designed most of it. Some were gifts...some were stolen, but we don't talk about that." Cybele tells him. "You can wander around if you'd like, you don't have to just be following me around."

"This place is truly amazing," Kurt mutters. "You keep up with a lot of things, Cybele Nyx."

     "I know, but I have the time." Cybele watches Kurt take an interest in something. She smiles lightly at him as she watches him walk towards the back of the barn.

     An outfit. A superhero suit. A dark green and black superhero suit. It has a hood and a mask. It has specific golden designs all over the suit. Sets of boots line up beside it on a clear glass table.

     "This is yours?" Kurt looks behind him, watching Cybele shyly walk behind him.

     "Yes, I've worked on it for the past two years. Even if I don't fight that much, I'm tired of the stupid X-men uniforms."

     "Stupid?" Kurt laughs sheepishly.

     "Yes, stupid. They are so damn ugly and not comfortable. If you're gonna fight, you gotta do it in fucking style." Cybele states. She watches Kurt smile as she stands by his side. "I can make one for you, you know."

"You don't need to."

"But I want to. You would look so great, you handsome man." She watches Kurt grow shy with her. She quickly grabs his hands, giving him a kiss on his nose.

Kurt seems to turn purple. He hasn't been called a handsome man. Ever. As his eyes scatter somewhere, he spots a set of swords. Three beautiful, long swords.

They are perfectly sharp.

"So, what has the attention of my boy now?" Cybele questions, Kurt soon to lead her to the set resting among many other swords. Cybele smiles.

"I like them."

"They practically have your name on it."

"Really?" Kurt asks. Cybele points out the letters engraved into the swords. Incredible.

"They are yours now. We have some revenge to get." Cybele smirks lightly. "You are the Incredible Nightcrawler, aren't you?"

The End