Chapter Eight

Kurt watches two small wooden creatures sew the back of a pair of paints. He is amazed at their work as he keeps looking back and forth between the finished boxers and the pants. His yellow eyes wander to Cybele sitting next to him.

     "Cybele, dankeschön," Kurt says, not meaning to speak German. Soon to realize what he did, he almost apologizes but looks at Cybele.

"Oh, uh, what's the...the...oh, um," Cybele mutters before sitting up with glee. "Bitte schön!" She says. Kurt smiles at her wildly. "Did I...did I say it... say it right?"

"Yes, you did," Kurt states, laughing a little.

      "Oh, the pants are...are done! How ab...about you go try the...them on with the...the boxers!" Cybele hands Kurt the clothes, shying her smile away from him.

     "Okay. I'll be right back!" Kurt tells his friend as he stands up from the bed. He smiles at the two little wooden creatures and gives them a little nod out of thanks.

     "You do that." Cybele giggles and eyes him as he walks out. She lets out a cheerful sigh and giggles. Standing, Melanie finishes putting a hole for Kurt's tail in a pair of pajama pants.

Not much later, Kurt knocks on her door. "Come in!" Cybele says, watching her friend walk into her room again. A huge smile on his face. "Are you...are you comfortable?" Cybele asks, standing up from her bed, earning a nod from Kurt.

Cybele reaches up and cups Kurt's cheek. Kurt melts into her hand and his tail starts to sway again. "Thank you."

"No...no worries."

Kurt tugs Cybele into a tight hug and keeps her in his embrace for a couple of long seconds. As the hug breaks, the end of Kurt's tail wraps gently around Cybele's wrist and hand. He smiles widely at his friend's blush.

     Cybele hesitantly moves away from him out of embarrassment, yet she delicately holds the end of Kurt's tail. She blushes harder when She feels his tail tighten.

     "I want to do that every day," Kurt confesses sheepishly.

     "Do what?" Cybele asks, giggling slightly.

     "Make you blush!" The blue mutant states.

     "You...you can do that quite...quite easily, Kurt."

"Well, that will make my life much easier!" Kurt cheerfully states. He brings Cybele into another hug and spins her in the air.

"Kurt Wagner!" Cybele giggles louder and holds on to Kurt tightly. "I swear, you...you're going to make my life spin...spinning mess if you keep...keep doing that!"

"Well, I hope I can repay you for the inconvenience!" Kurt laughs.

"And what will...will that payment be?" Cybele asks sheepishly, shying away from Kurt's touch. Kurt puts a finger under her chin lifts it up to make eye contact with her. Cybele smiles at him, her eyes glancing over Kurt's face. He places a gentle kiss on the tip of her nose. Cybele giggles again, leaning into Kurt's chest.

Kurt holds her. He holds her tight. After a couple of long seconds, he places another kiss on the top of Cybele's head. She nuzzles her face into her neck and laughs historically.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing!" Cybele giggles. She pulls back slightly from the hug to smile up at her friend. They stare at each other for a moment.

"What should we do now?"

"I have watermelon on...on the kitchen counter, do you...you want some?" Cybele asks after a long pause.

"Of course!" Kurt takes Cybele's hand with his tail, leading her out of the room with a big smile on his face. Cybele giggles lightly, leaning into him slightly as they walked.

Silence fell upon the two as they walked. It was a comfortable silence. The lightweight that Kurt feels when Cybele leans into him gives him ease. His smile broadens.

Cybele quickly grabs Kurt's hand, holding it tightly. Kurt looks at her softly. Cybele looks at his hand, rubbing circles on the back of it.

"I need to do your nails."

"To do my nails?"

"Yes. They seem to be cracking, I can fix that."

"You've done enough for me."

"Kurt! I'm going to do your nails and then I'll paint your nails."