Chapter 10-Projects Part 2

Sunday, January 4, 6:24 pm

Emily P.O.V.

I slowly woke up, feeling pain surge through my entire body.

'What the heck happened? Why am I in so much pain?'

Come to think of, I can't remember what happened. I don't have any memory of why I'm here whatsoever. The only thing I remember is...my childhood? That's the only thing I can remember? But why?

While I was wondering this, I saw a man walk in front of me. He has glasses and is wearing a lab coat. I have a strange feeling that I've seen him before somewhere. And actually, now that I look around, I think I'm in some time of...pod or something.

"Well look who's awake, how are you feeling miss Emily?" he asked.

"Um, actually my body feels in a lot of pain right now. Who are you, and where am I?"

"My name is Dr. Desmond. Right now you are currently in what we call a pod, but you will be free to walk around as soon as the pain goes away. It is temporary, it should be gone in a minute."

"What happened to me? Why am I here?" I asked him.

"Ever since the age of eight, you've been seriously ill."

"Why?"

"Because of a team named the young justice league."

"The young justice league? What's that? I've never heard of them."

"That's because of your illness. You can't ever remember anything since you got ill. The young justice league destroyed your family when you were ten."

"What? What do you mean they destroyed my family?" I asked, fear starting to fill my chest.

"They killed your parents. They burned down your house to try and show that they controlled the city, and that they could get away with doing things like that." Tears started to build up in my eyes, while anger and hatred started to build up in my heart.

"Why would they do that?"

"You're not the only victim. They did this to nearly the entire city."

"I can't believe it. Why would they do that? They were just innocent people!" I said with anger. I tried to calm myself down, and when I did, I noticed the pain was gone. "Get me out of here. I want revenge. Where are they?" I said, trying to look for a way out.

"Don't worry, you will. But you need to be trained before you can face them. We have a plan to get them back, but it will take time. In order to save you from that illness, we had to steal DNA from the young justice league. You now have their powers."

"Powers? I have powers? What kind of powers?" I asked.

'I have powers?! Awesome!'

"We will test them out now, then we will send you with Ra's al Ghul and Deathstroke, to the League of Shadows."

"What's that?"

"It is where you will train, and perfect your powers. Come with me." He pressed a button and the pod opened.

I stepped out, and looked around. It looked like I was in a lab.

"So where is this Deathstroke and Ra's al Ghul?" I asked.

"They're waiting in here." He walked to a door and opened it.

When I walked in, I saw a man in a green cape. The other guy was wearing a Kevlar suit, and the left side of his mask was orange, and the other half was black. I only saw one of his eyes on the orange side. On the black side of his face, there was no hole for an eye.