12. Bakery

A:N:

Hey guys! LAAAATE UPDATE I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW! I'm so sorry! I had so much work to do over the past couple of weeks, it was just projects piling up! And I just so much personal stuff to deal with too, so unfortunately I couldn't update. But good news! IM BAACKK, WITH A LONG CHAPTER! :D Hope you guys enjoy! Also, I was really happy with the response I got from the last chapter, thank you guys! But please if you want to critisize, be repectful and try to be positive about it. I'm not a proffesional writer, and to be honest this is the first story I have written in this concept and this length. So I apologize if it's not perfect, I learn by my mistakes. 

NOW ON WITH THE STORY!  xx

 The beautiful cover to the side was made by one of my awesome fans, HaleyyElizabeth. Thank you so much! I absolutely love it when people make me covers/banners :)

Chapter Twelve

Bakery

My ears instantly picked up on that word. Father. Okay, Val, no big deal, it’s just his father, who may or may not look as scary as he sounds. I just need to remember the act. Today I am Christian’s girlfriend.

            Slowly Christian and I turned around, my jaw dropped as my eyes landed on the man in front of me. The resemblance between him and Christian was startling. He seemed to have the same face structure, with the strong jaw line. His eyes were a striking blue, just like Christian’s. His hair though was a silvery gray, but it suited him. I was surprised to see that just like Christian, his father also wore studs on each ear.

            “And this is my girlfriend.” Christian’s voice jerked me back to reality. My face paled as the words he said finally sunk in. Oh yeah, I’m his girlfriend.

            His father was looking at me with such intensity, that I was automatically obliged to say something. “Y-yeah. That’s me?” My sentence came out more like a question rather than a statement.

            His father nodded, and turned back to face Christian. “You never mentioned a girl would be accompanying you.”

            I looked towards Christian. He nervously scratched the back of his neck. “Well, yes. I wanted it to be a surprise.”

            His father looked at me, as if silently asking me if that was true. I nodded.

            “I am David Reyes. It’s a pleasure to meet you, young lady.” He held out a hand for me to shake.

            Hesitantly, I placed my cold, clammy hand in his. “I’m Valerie. Valerie Summers. It’s a pleasure to meet you too, sir.”

            He smiled a genuine smile. “Please, call me David.”

            I nodded as he turned to face the crowd of people who I didn’t realize, were still looking at us.

            “I’d like to give everyone who flew out here tonight to attend the Reyes partnership gathering, a huge warm welcome. Please help yourself to the snacks and drinks now available at the back. I look forward to working with everyone here.” As David, gave the small speech the whole crowd was silent, listening to every single word that came out of his mouth. I don’t know what it was about him, but as David walked through the crowd, it was as if a strong force of energy just radiated off him, mesmerizing all the people around him, including myself.