C HAPTER-5 Captured

Having found the door unlocked, Kim tiptoed out of the room,barefoot. her heels in her hands. She quietly descended the wooden stairs & paused at the bottom of the staircase, her petite frame rigid with anticipation. She could hear the tap running so the bathroom must be nearby. Kim glanced around, absorbing her surrounding, aquainting herself with her prison.

Right infront of her was a big hall. It was occupied by a cream-coloured leather couch. A glass table was situated right infront of it with wooden stands & the table had wooden borders. Beside one couch was a small wooden stool with a vase on it which had dried flowers in it. Behind the couch were 2 small windows over which there were cream coloured net curtains. On either side of them stood 2 wooden tables with drawers. One of the tables had a calender placed on it.

The wall above the second drawer had 2 medium sized paintings hung over them- one was of a house & the other was a sea-side scenery. The floor of the hall was hidden beneath a golden & black coloured carpet. Even though the furniture was of fine taste,The whole place had an unkept look. It lacked the touch & grace of a female hand.

As she gripped the wooden posts of the stairs & leaned a bit to the right, she found herself looking into a wide corridor. She could easily make out 3 doors somewhere in the distance. At the end where the corridor ended or seemed to end , half of it obscured by darkness, she saw a 4th door with light spilling from underneath the door & kind of lighting up the dark corridor.

"So, that must be the bathroom", Kim guessed. 

She peeked to her left & saw a wall that rounded around a corner , leading to probably the exit. 

"Maybe that is where the exit is", she thought & turned to her left stealthily. 

She looked back, assuring herself that her captor would not be able to hear her under the loud noise of the running tap & he was still nursing his injury.

When she heard the sound of the tap being turned off & a shower being turned on, she quickened her steps. 

"He washes himself so noisily", she thought.

She was still looking back when she abruptly rounded a corner & when she looked what lay infront of her , her heart almost stopped. 

Its like when you are playing hide-&-seek & you are just about to be found, you pray for some miracle to happen. That you would not be caught. 

It was the same here, but the situation being far more serious then going through the agony of being another seeker.

There, infront of her, stood Jake, blocking her way. 

Water was dripping from his hair & face. He didn't have a shirt on. Only his muscular arms & tanned torso was visible which were totally dry. 

Kim gritted her teeth. He tricked her. Fake shower after all. The thundering noise should have warned her but she had been in too much of a hurry to notice the ominous exaggerated noise level.

The blue jeans he had on earlier had water drops on it.

And he looked FURIOUS! 

A vein was pulsing in his temple, quite visible under his chocolate brown hair.

"Going somewhere Princess?", Jake sneered, looking at the horrified expression on her face. 

Kim's eyes caught the sight of the big wooden door behind him. It was bolted but she saw no lock on it. Her eyes wandered from the door to the murderous expression on his face. 

Jake followed her gaze & caught her looking at the door. Immediately Kim took advantage of his slight distraction& threw one of her heels at his face.  AS soon as he ducked & flattened himself against the wall. she made a beeline for the exit.