CHAPTER-9 Collision

Kim limped towards the bed. Even though the glass pieces were no longer there, putting her foot down hurt. As she sat down on the bed, she heard someone climbing the stairs.

She tensed as the memories of what had just transpired between them flooded her. The helplessness, the frustration, the desperation that she had felt, threatened to overwhelm her. Kim gritted her teeth, her nails digging into the bed sheet.

Calm down. Just calm down.

The steps neared the bed room door and stopped. She stared at the door knob as it turned and the door flew open. There he was, standing in the door way or rather blocking the door way.

Did he really think she would make a run for it? If he did, she may have made some impression after all.

She stared at him and even though he was talking to someone on the cell, he did the same. They kept on staring at each other, neither wanting to be the first one to look away.

“Yes she is awake now ,”he was saying to someone on the cell.

Awake?!! Of course she was awake. She had been for quite some time. What did he mean by ‘awake now’?!!

“You want to talk to her. Alright. Your wish is my command,” he was saying with a sardonic smile on his face.

He came towards her. Kim unconsciously fisted the bed sheets under her. This did not go undetected. Jake’s eyes caught this small motion and he smirked.

Kim’s blood boiled and she tried to relax, letting go of the bed sheet as inconspicuously as possible.

Talk? To whomever who was on the other end of the cell? Like hell she was going to talk.

Jake neared her and stuck out the cell at her, motioning her to take it and talk. Kim stared at Jake , who was towering over her. Since she was sitting, he appeared taller and more menacing than before.

When she did not take the cell, Jake raised one eyebrow. In response, Kim turned her face the other way.

“Looks like your girl doesn’t want to chat with you ,” Jake said.

Jake kept staring at her as he informed Larry.

“Quit fooling around Jake ,” the voice on the other end was not Larry’s. It was that son-of-a-bitch, Harry.

“She is NOT taking the GODDAMN cell,” Jake replied gritting his teeth.

There was silence on the other end.

“If you want, I can MAKE HER ,” Jake said and started towards Kim.

Kim stiffened and turned around to face him. She desperately tried to control the urge to pull back and crawl to the farthest end of the bed, far from him.

“NO!!, ” Jake heard Larry shout. “Do not touch the girl!!”

“You heard him kid,” Harry sneered. “You are not supposed to lay a finger on her”

Too late for that Bro. Jake thought.

“When do I do anything that I am supposed to do ,” Jake said out loud, his eyes never leaving Kim’s.

“BACK OFF Jake ,” Harry snarled on the other end. Jake smirked. He was enjoying pissing him off. A few more conversations like this between them and he would surely drop dead of a heart attack.

“Alright. What do you want me to do? ,” Jake drawled.

“Just click a picture of her from your cell and send it to us ,” Harry said.

“As you wish Sir ,” Jake sneered, almost spitting the word ‘Sir’ out like it was something disgusting.

With that he raised his cell. Kim panicked for a moment thinking he was going to hit her. She flinched and tried to back away from him.

Jake smirked and came closer. He raised the cell and said, “Say cheese Princess

Before Kim could react, the cells flash went off and she blinked. What the hell?

He had just clicked a picture of her. A freaking picture!! But why?!!

Jake stared at her picture on his cell screen.

“DAMN!! You are ugly,” he said smirking.

Kim stared daggers at him.

“I know it won’t make any difference but lemme click another. You can’t get any uglier then this now can you? ,” Jake said still smirking. Kim could see he was enjoying this.

Her face flushed, both from anger and embarrassment. Kim remembered seeing her bruised face, her split lip in the mirror and Kim’s anger escalated. How dare he? He did this to her!! He had assaulted her!! How dare he joke about it?!!! Her blood boiled.

As soon as Jake raised the cell in his hand and pointed it at her, Kim turned her face away and gave him the finger just as she heard the click of the cell's camera.

She turned around. She wanted to see the look on his face, wanted to enjoy her victory.

Jake was staring at the screen on his cell.

“Pretty enough for you? ,” Kim taunted.

Before the smile could spread on her face, Jake covered the distance between them and was in her face. Kim breath hitched as she backed away a little, her back now touching the headboard.

Jake caught hold of her chin.

“Don’t FUCK with me Princess ,” he said in a fierce tone.

He ran a thumb over her split lip and then came even closer. He neared her ear and said, “You look so much prettier like this. Turns me on”

A shiver ran down her spine and she tried to literally melt into the heard board. Jake backed away a little, stared at her and then got out of her personal space completely.

Still staring at her, Jake put the cell to his ear.

“What the hell is taking so long?,” he could hear the frustration and the suspicion in Harry’s tone.

He headed out of the room and closed the door behind him.

“It’s done. I am sending her picture over to you. Let me tell you she wasn’t very co-operative. I am sending over whatever I got,” Jake said.

“Yes you do that RIGHT NOW,” Harry said, his tone demanding.

“Yes Boss,” Jake replied in a mocking tone.

He disconnected the call and stared at her pictures on his cell. He deleted the one where her whole face, bruised with a split lip, was visible and sent the one with her giving him the middle finger, in which her face, her injuries were not visible.

She was defiant, no doubt about that and this time her defiance had served him, saved him, his mission. He had to admit that he had been a tad bit worried when Harry had asked him to send her picture over.

There was no way he could have explained the bruises and the split lip. They would have known that he hadn’t followed their ‘Hands-Off ’policy. They would have known that he had lied about not touching her and he would have been off the case. Someone else would have come to take his place.

Jake’s hands fisted. He couldn’t let that happen. She was his.

Jake turned around and locked the door. She wasn’t going anywhere, for now. Some of her bravery had whooshed out of her, like air from a deflating balloon.

He could see the fear, the uncertainty of what was going to happen to her, of what he could do to her in her eyes. She was far from terrorized but she was going to feel terror very soon.

He was going to make sure of it. He wanted to see the terror in her eyes, he wanted her to beg just like his brother had had and then he was going to kill her.