Chapter 3

A/N sorry it took a while! i had a half term so I just chilled, then the first week back I realised I hadn't actually done any of the work set for over the holiday so my bad! 

I also noticed that I'd forgotten to put up pictures of the characters? yeah, sorry about that.. but it's just so annoying to do it on an iPad, not even sure you can? so I waited til I could get on my laptop :)  so picture to the right is Nathalia! >>>>> 

This chapter may seem a bit disjointed because I started on it last week then forgot, and came back to it this afternoon in my determination to get it up! It's also dedicated to my friend Beth, purely because I haven't done a dedication before and I wanted to, and I love her.. she's my harry potter nerd buddy :) we laugh as 'luscious mouthful' together :) 

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

The rest of the day passed normally, thank God. Of course, George got detention for his 'ignorance of the world around him'. Of course, we all thought it was hilarious - but Mr Cave certainly did not. 

  Lunch was about the same as usual and we laughed our way through it. There's always a lot of laughing in our group. Declan and I are a pretty good comedy duo, aided by Olivia of course and there's also Skye and Tom. Who both seem to be a bit quieter at first, but when you get to know them a bit better, they're just the same as the rest of us.. Mentally unstable. Or that's how we must come across to other people. To us, it'd just having fun.  

Tonight was one of mine and Dec's movie nights. We did it about 2 or 3 times a week, and I always stayed the night after. My mother would never notice. Even if she did come home from the university she worked at she wouldn't come looking for me to check if I was okay.   

After picking the movie for tonight (Paranormal Activity 3 as Declan just loved to watch me get scared) we headed downstairs for some popcorn and ice cream. As we wondered into the kitchen, I noticed that someone else was already rummaging through the cupboards. It was Carson, Dec's older brother.   

Let me describe Carson to you. He is a good 5 or 6 inches taller that me, and has bright blue eyes - like crystals almost. He has shaggy blonde hair that looks good pretty much whatever he does to it. He has the most defined arms and chest you've ever seen, but not so much it looked gross. Oh and did I mention that he's a senior and the star quarterback of the football team?  

Yeah he's pretty much everything you could want in a guy, and trust me when I say that lots of girls want him. Every time I see him either around school or in town, he's with a different girl. But I have also noticed that never once has he had one of them home. I used to wonder why that is, but I just guessed that he didn't want them to meet his parents - which is understandable.  

For some reason Carson never seems to talk to us either, he just hangs around with us. If you hadn't seen him with his friends you might think he was partially mute.   

"Hey dude," I heard Dec's voice coming from behind me. "How are you today? Busy pretending we're ghosts? Yeah, okay"  

Generally, these two got on quite well but that doesn't stop Declan from making fun of Carson. He likes to do it when I'm around particularly because I always call him soft, so he tries to pull off that whole macho act thing. Ha, I know better! 

  "S'alright," was the response.

Okay, so maybe I exaggerated a little. He does talk a little bit, but only a little bit. And in my defence, compared to his personality at school you would think he's almost thoughtful. But he plays football, so I don't think he's quite as deep as you'd like.  

But anyway, he grabbed the first thing he saw in the cupboard and headed off to another room. 

  I stared after him like some lovesick school girl, but I promise I'm not! He's just a really hot guy! Even though he is the brother of my delightful best friend who decided to throw flour at me while I was staring after Carson. How charming.   

"Hey, if you're done wishful thinking I wanna bake cookies!"   

Okay, weird?  

So we spent the next hour and a half making a mess of the kitchen in an attempt to make some cookies. Of course, they weren't very good because Dec had helped. But they were edible. Just.    After showering off and shrugging into a pair of Declan's sweatpants, walked out of the bathroom into Dec's bedroom to curl up and watch a film. Well, that was the intention. Carson was in the bed too, and I was only wearing my bra. 

  "Aaaaah!" I screamed so loud that both boys jumped out of their skins.

Once they realised what was going on, Declan just laughed. But Carson smirked and stood up to leave. What is that? Smirking at me? Arrogant much about girls possibly?   

"Stop standing there like a goof and come over here!"   

I chuckled and climbed into bed to watch the movie with Declan. I got comfy with most of the covers since he claimed to be too hot, at settled down for the duration of the film. Naturally Dec laughed at me when I screamed, but he put his arms around me protectively so I could hide in his shoulder nonetheless. I became aware of feeling very tired, and eventually drifted off even though the film hadn't quite finished.