Chapter 1

A/N Okay so I know it's short, but it's the first chapter I've ever written for Wattpad. Some feedback would be nice please :)

...........................................................................................................................................................

My alarm started beeping at me, loudly, and I slammed it off, as usual.

I am not. A morning person, okay?

With a groan I rolled out of bed (very cleverly not landing on my butt) and trudged out onto the landing without even moving my hair out of my face. I must have looked like some sort of monster from another world with the way my bed hair goes!

I carefully walked down the stairs (well I didn't want to fall did I) and made my way to the kitchen where I sat down and immediately had a bowl of cereal shoved in front of me. Of course, Marta would have gotten my breakfast ready when she heard me get up. I don't even like cereal - let alone Weetabix, bleugh!

Let me explain something, my name is Nathalia and I basically live by myself because my mum is always working to earn money for us. She's a scientist, a pretty successful one too, and has no interest in me or my life. I'm like one of her projects. I have different interests to her - I have absolutely no interest in science, instead opting for making myself look good because in my mother's famous words I am "too dim to live well unless I marry a rich man". But honestly, I couldn't care less about her opinion. I stay out of her way and she stays out of mine, simple.

We live in a huge house in New York. I grew up in London and loved it, but then mum got a job offer over here in America that she apparently couldn't turn down despite my protests. So here we are. Yay.

Marta is our one member of staff here. I'm sure she is a lovely woman, and she does a great job of making sure I have everything I need. The only problem is that she speaks so little English she may as well speak none at all.

So I live my life by myself with no rules. Of course, I set myself rules to live by. A lot of 16 year old girls would consider a big house, lots of money and no rules to be the perfect excuse to run wild and throw parties all the time - but I'm actually more reserved than that.

So this morning, Marta did the same as she did every morning. She fed me my breakfast, left a box with some lunch in on the kitchen counter and left. That and the grocery shopping is pretty much all we pay her for, and she has her own family to take care of.

As soon as she was gone, I tipped my bowl of mush in the bin and helped myself to a pop tart. I don't think my mother knows about this secret stash of junk food I have, but I don't indulge in it very often. I was just feeling especially lonely today.

As I ate my food, I padded through to the living room and turned on the tv. I don't normally watch television in the morning but I just felt like I needed it this morning. I have a bit of an obsession with The Big Bang Theory so I put an episode of that on seeing as I have about 25 episodes recorded.

When I was done, I went upstairs and had a shower (again, not normally a morning thing but I didn't feel like doing it last night) and then got dressed. I chose black leggings, and a purple woollen jumper today, along with some fluffy socks and a pair of uggs. I ran a brush through my hair, thinking it was a miracle it didn't get stuck today, and quickly put some mousse in it just to make sure it didn't go fluffy. After applying a small amount of foundation and a touch of mascara, I looked in the mirror. Ready for another day.

*Honk*

My best friend's horn beeped outside my house and I grabbed my bag and phone and ran towards the door.

'Let's do this,' I thought to myself.