FIFTY. house of lights

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

River placed a danish on top of her saucer, with the goth girl beside her doing the same, pondering about Alfie's whereabouts. She hadn't seen the jokester all morning and the only people in the dining room were the members of Sibuna.

She turned around and sat back at her seat just as Amber, who held her mirror in her hand, asked, "Do my eyes still look like an albino rabbit? These late nights are really playing havoc with my beauty regime."

"I think stopping our caretaker from world domination is more important than beauty, Ambs," River said, earning a nod from Patricia.

"Has anyone seen Alfie this morning?" Nina wondered. River shook her head in response. "I hope he's okay."

Just on cue, the male prankster in question walked into the room, causing Fabian to announce his arrival. "Here he is."

"There's the man of the hour." The female prankster smiled at her friend.

"Alfie, how are you?" Amber asked.

"How did you do last night?" Patricia was next to question him.

"Did you find anything?" Fabian added. Alfie glanced around the area before pulling out a clear flask that contained orange liquid — the elixir. River, Nina, and Patricia went on to congratulate him, while Fabian took the elixir from him. "What about the other thing?"

"The demisphere?" Alfie inquired. "I looked everywhere but I couldn't find anything that looked right."

"Well, at least we finally got the elixir," River uttered. She was glad that Alfie managed to get it and hopefully this will prove that he really does belong in Sibuna.

"Maybe it's not down in the cellar after all," Patricia suggested.

"'Unleash your power and light your way to the demisphere hidden below'," Nina repeated their riddle.

River noticed that her blonde roommate had her eyes on Alfie and she couldn't help but turn around to face his back. He was being oddly quiet. She would've thought he'd be prancing around at his lastest accomplishment.

"You okay, boo?" The fashionista asked.

Alfie turned around to face them. "Why did you all disappear and leave me last night?"

The five members of Sibuna grew confused, not knowing what Alfie was going on about, while their leader replied, "We only went back to our rooms when we knew you were safely back in your room."