TWENTY. house of kidnap

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

River Lawrence didn't have a plan yet. She wasn't one hundred percent sure of what she saw last night, but it did seem fishy and out of the ordinary. So, when she finished breakfast and told Alfie and Jerome to wait for her while she collected her bag, she decided to snoop around her room to find anything that would explain why Nina, Fabian, and Amber came out of an oven door that was said to be broken. Luckily for her, Nina and Amber were having breakfast now since Amber woke up late.

River decided to check the American's bed first and immediately thought of the box that Nina hid under her bed. She sat on it and pulled the box from underneath the bed and opened it.

The first thing she found was a brown book, which River assumed was her diary. The next thing River pulled out made her brows scrunch and her head tilt in confusion. It was some sort of huge ring and on the inside, it had a bunch of numbers on it. After that, she found another object. Well, three pentagons with a message in yellow writing on each.

River suddenly let out fits of sneezes, wondering why she did in the first place. She didn't feel sick. The brunette ignored it and went back to the odd objects she found. She read the yellow writing that was on the pentagons aloud, "When daytime ends at midday through the tears of glass the eye shall see."

Before she could even question what that meant, River heard the click of heels coming from the corridor and quickly put the bizarre objects back in Nina's box. She placed Nina's box back under her bed and jumped off the American's bed just as Amber walked in the room.

"Jerome and Alfie are waiting for you," Amber informed her as she went over to her vanity table. River nodded, completely forgetting about her best friends, and was about to respond to Amber, but instead burst into a fit of sneezes. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I don't know why I'm sneezing. I'm not sick, so it must be my allergies," answered River with a shrug.

The brunette didn't notice her roommate's eyes bulge open while she retrieved her bag from the chair at her vanity table. Amber hesitantly asked, "What are you allergic to?"

"Blueberry, coconut. I immediately swell up if I eat those. Oh, nuts, apparently, and also cats. If I'm ten meters or less from a cat, my allergies act up and I go into a sneezing—" The shorter girl was cut off by another sneezing fit. When she stopped, she met Amber's anxious eyes. "You're not hiding a cat in here, are you?"

Amber to let out a nervous laugh. Before River could interrogate the blonde further, Nina came into the room. River decided that she should also be heading out. Once she arrived downstairs, she was greeted by an impatient dirty-blonde.