Found

"Waka?" Satori tried to mumble through his gag.

There was a loud thud, then everything went quiet again. Heavy breathing was the only sound now. Even the birds were silent.

"WAKA!" Satori failed to shriek. What did Kobarashi do?? His head pounded more fiercely than ever. He ignored the ringing in his head, seeking to stay alert. DID HE HURT WAKATOSHI? He wriggled harder than ever, struggling to reach his love.

He heard footsteps coming towards him. He tensed, waiting for a blow. It never came. Instead, gentle fingers undid his blindfold. Light grazed his eyes. He blinked, eyes watering as his vision fought to adjust. When he could see again, he found he was looking into his beloved Wakatoshi's face. When his drug-fogged mind processed this, he lunged toward him, only to crush his abused throat against the tight cord that had nearly strangled him. Hastily, he leaned back, only for everything to go black once again as the drug took effect.

He woke up in a bright room enclosed by plain white walls. The steady beeping of monitors and sharp scent of sterilizers assailed his senses. When the redhead moved, he realized he was no longer tied up, but laying on his back on a soft bed. His head was propped up by several pillows, although he still had a massive headache.

However, one hand could not move. He looked to the side, then saw it was encased in both of Wakatoshi's hands. The former ace was sitting beside his bed, his head lowered. When Ushijima felt movement, he looked up, tears streaming down his normally still face.

"Satori," he whispered. "I am so sorry I did not find you earlier. How are you feeling?"

"'M fine, Waka," Tendou murmured, his head slowly clearing. "Are you alrigh'? Wha' happened? Where are we?"

Ushijima clasped his hand like he never wanted to let go. "I am fine, Satori. He was facing you when I got there, so he didn't even have a chance to hit me. You-you were-I thought-" he choked on a sob. "We are in the hospital. I knocked him out, untied you and carried you back down the mountain. I called the police, who took him away. We drove to the hospital. They said you were drugged. They are still wearing off, so your speech will clear soon."

"That woul' explain why my head's poundin' like the day after graduation," the redhead muttered, his usual cocky grin making its way onto his face. "It's all righ', Waka. We're here now."

"I love you," Ushijima whispered.

"I love you too, my miracle boy."

Six months later

Satori smiled his signature shit-eating grin as he leaped out of the car. He and Wakatoshi were home from the trial of his former bully, who was sentenced to thirty years of prison for his crime. After he got out, there was a restraining order in place to protect Satori from him, so he never had to worry about Kobarashi again.

"There is one thing I do not understand," said the former ace. "How did I get there fast enough to find him? If he was tracking my whereabouts from my phone, he should have been able to leave long before I got there."

"He said your phone's signal showed you were at the mountain just before you got there," Tendou replied.

"But there is no signal on the mountain," Wakatoshi said.

Satori realized something. "Exactly! Since there's no signal, your phone still thinks you're at the last spot you were at with signal-the bottom of the mountain! He couldn't detect your movement once you started climbing up!"

Ushijima smiled quietly. "I am glad it all worked out."

Satori's cocky grin was replaced by a more serious expression. "Me too. But now, since the old team is in town for a reunion, how about a visit to the bar with everyone? We need to congratulate Semi and Shirabu on finally moving in together!"

Wakatoshi smiled, happy their experience hadn't hurt his beloved Tendou's spirit. "Whatever you want."

Hello from the author. I promise I'm not a psychopath, I just have a very vivid imagination. All characters except Kobarashi Hiroko belong to Haruichi Furudate. I made Kobarashi up. Any resemblance to real-life people is accidental. The art does not belong to me either. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Author-chan out!