A Map

When Ushijima arrived at the cafeteria, he looked around, scanning for any sign of Satori. Nothing. Since it was Saturday, the buildings were deserted. When he turned the doorknob, it opened easily. Whoever was manipulating him had planned everything in advance disturbingly well. His eyes caught on another note, this time laying to the top of the mini refrigerator where he and Tendou met.

Relief washed over the former ace. He wasn't wrong. Then his momentary relief was superseded by fear. If Tendou wasn't here, where was he? Wakatoshi mentally shook himself. If he was going to help his beloved, he needed to keep a cool head.

He stalked toward the note, yanking it off the small fridge. When he grabbed it, four small pieces of paper fluttered to the ground. The paper he had seized read "Very good! Still, the game isn't over yet, and neither is Satori. Go to"

There was nothing else. He picked up the four smaller notes, confused. They were all rectangular, the same length and width, and they all had black lines running through them. He frowned and studied them closely, wondering how they contributed to the treasure hunt. Is this the clue? What am I supposed to do with it? Hmm..Well, they look like a puzzle. They're a puzzle I have to put together! The lines must show me where to put all the pieces.

He fit the papers together, but nothing he did could make all the lines connect. There was always a stray line drifting off that didn't match anything. After twenty minutes, he still couldn't figure it out. In desperation, he lined up the papers side by side horizontally. It still didn't show anything other than a mess of black lines. Frustrated, he lined up the papers vertically. The lines formed an oval, with two parallel lines branching away from each other.

Huh, it looks like the paths around the pond at the park, he mused.

The park was special to him, since that was where he and Tendou had started dating in their last year as students at Shiratorizawa. After their final volleyball game, they had gone to the park to talk. They had discussed colleges, and Tendou had realized they had been accepted to the same school. When he heard that, Ushijima had been so happy he temporarily lost control and confessed his feelings for the loud redhead. Tendou had reciprocated, and they became boyfriends.

Then the former ace understood. The papers didn't just look like the park, it was a map of it. If the treasure hunt was about him and Satori in some twisted way, it made sense the next location would be somewhere meaningful to them.

He shoved the papers into his jacket, then took off again, running as fast as he could toward the park. When he could see the pond, he looked around, frantically searching for the loud redhead.

Nothing. He nearly growled in frustration. Where was he? What was he going through? And who was doing this?