Part 19

Naira's POV.
Could life get more shitty and awkward ?!!

It sucked right now. Me squeezed in between bhai and Rithvik. Karthik sitting right in front of me. All he did, was to keep staring at me all the time, making me feel like an alien.

His eyes said "I'm betrayed and I'm not happy with your choice."

But that smile on his face,it said, "I'm really happy and I'm proud of your choice."

"Naira, where are you lost ?!!" Rithvik's voice echoed in my ears as he tapped my shoulder. I was staring right at Karthik and he was staring back.

"Nowhere." I muttered.

Rithvik looked at Karthik for a couple of seconds and then went back to whatever he was doing on his phone. There was an awkward silence between us, as nobody on the table spoke.

Until finally, Bhai started. "So you guys are like, together now ?!!" He asked looking back and forth at Rithvik and me.

"Yeah." I replied. Bhai nodded, but I knew that he wasn't happy with whatever was going on. Nobody was, I guess.

It was really getting hot in there. As I took sip of water from the glass, I felt an arm wrap around me. It was Rithvik.

Awkwardly, I smiled. Bhai seemed to be busy on a call, while Karthik was busy with his phone or at least he pretended to be.

"What does my baby want to do after lunch ?!!" Rithvik asked, giving me quite a shock. I didn't really think that this ACTING was necessary right now.

"We can go home, right ?!!" I asked.

"Or we could go somewhere else. Maybe my place ?!!" He said, pulling me closer.

His grip around me tightened, almost making me choke. Karthik didn't even bother to look up at me and that bothered me a lot. He wasn't jealous ?!!

"No, not today." I said, as sweetly as possible and gently pushed him away. Rithvik rolled his eyes.

"Then when ?!! All I want is you, baby." He said rather cockily. Okay, now this was going a bit too far !!

"Some other day, but not today, Rithvik." I said.

I looked at Karthik from the corner of my eyes. He seemed quite pissed off as he furiously typed something on his phone. I swear, if he would have done that more faster, his screen would have broken.

Rithvik turned my face, so that I was paying all my attention to him. I opened my mouth to say something but before I could,he pressed his lips on mine.

I was shocked, embarrassed, angry, confused, everything at once. Ofcourse, I was taken aback by sudden bold reaction of his. I felt two pairs of eyes on us. Bhai and Karthik !!

As I moved back,I tried to push Rithvik back, but he only held on to me tighter. His hands travelling down my back. I burnt under his touch as anger boiled up inside me.

At once, when I couldn't take it anymore, I pushed him away harshly. He looked completely taken aback, and before he could react, my hand made contact with his face.

I slapped him. A tight one.

In front of people, which included bhai and Karthik, I insulted my so called boyfriend. But I didn't care who looked. I didn't like what Rithvik did.

"How dare you ?!!" I asked, with bitterness and anger in my voice.

"Naira baby, I..." He seemed to realize what he just did, but I cut him off.

"Excuse me." I said turning to Bhai, who seemed shocked and angered. Before he becomes the possesive brother and breaks Rithvik's bones I nedded to get out of here !!