Part 6

Karthik’s POV.
It was a wonderful night yesterday.Watching Naira Slap Rithvik was like soo cool !! I had laughed all night remembering his face.
The next morning I had to discuss few business issues with Naksh. Therefore I had to go to singhania sadan. As I entered I saw naira packing something and akshara aunty sitting beside her.
“So how many more days are you here for Naira ?!!” Akshara aunty asked.

“A week. Actually not even a week. I m leaving this weekend.” Naira replied making my heart drop into the pit of my stomach. One moment I was happy to see her by my side. The next moment, I was sad to think of her leaving.

It was like, I had been just living in this bubble, where I thought that everything was just fine between us. That, she was here to stay. But I was dragged back to reality that she was going to leave me,again.

“So soon ?!!” Akshara aunty asked.

“Yeah. I have University to attend. Holidays are over.” She replied.

There was a long silence after that as akshara aunty and naira saw me at the doorstep. Akshara aunty smiled at me and then left the room.Naira kept stealing glances at me asking whether I was okay while I just looked away from her.

I had so many questions buried inside me. I had to know why she had left. I had to know why she was doing this to me. What were we ?!! Friends?!! I certainly didn’t think so. I had gathered enough courage when I walked upto her.

“We need to talk.” I said straightaway.

“Okay. Go on.” She said.

“No not here. We need to go somewhere else.” I said and before she could protest I was dragging her out of the house.

“What are you doing ?!!” She asked as I unlocked the car door and got in.

“Just get in already.” I ordered. I hated the way I was behaving,so dominating. But she listened to me anyway. She got in after me as I started.

“Where are we going ?!!” She asked.

“I don’t know.”

“What do you mean by you don’t know ?!!”

“Matlab Mujhe pata nahi Naira. Now please just shut up !!” I yelled. I could sense her tearing up beside me. I was being a jerk and I knew it. The fact that I was losing her again was too disturbing.

“What is wrong with you ?!!” She yelled back.

“Listen don’t mess with me at the moment. You don’t know what’s wrong with me ?!! Well, what’s wrong is that I f**king love you and you are planning to leave me again ?!!” We were actually getting into an ugly banter now. She looked taken aback for a moment.

“So what the heck were your thinking ?!! That I was planning to stay here forever ?!!” She asked.

“No but if you had to leave me in the end then why did you come so close to me in the first place ?!! You didn’t even have the courtesy to tell me that you are leaving !!” I fought back. The pressure on the accelerator increased as I lost track of the speed limit.

“I just told you back home !!” She yelled.

“Correction. You told your mom, not me.” I said. There was a long silence after that. I could feel the tension in the air. She was definitely angry. So was I.

“Just stop the car.” She said.

“Don’t be such a drama queen. I get the fact that you are angry right now. So am I.” I muttered.

“Just stop the car Karthik !! Please.” She yelled. I sighed and hit the brakes abruptly. We had halted in the middle of nowhere. It was a deserted road bordered on both the sides by trees. We were nearly out of the city. Naira got down followed by me. She didn’t bother to say anything. But she started walking away.