Chapter 3: "Please Cora..."

Song on the side - Cover of Love More by Bon Iver

CHAPTER 3 

I got to their flat when Niall came rushing out.  “Cora, Harry came back right after I called you… Do you still want to get your stuff?”  He asked awkwardly.

“Yeah sure.  Ill be real quick and then I will be out of your hair.”  I gave him a small smile and stepped through the door.

“Niall call the ambulance!”  Someone yelled from down the hall of the flat, making me jump.  Niall gave me a confused look and Louis came running around the corner with tears in his eyes.

“What the hells going on?”  Niall asked.

Louis sighed deeply while running back down the hall and we followed him quickly, he got his phone out and called 911.  He walked into the bathroom at the end of the hall and closed the door.  What ever he was saying was muffled and I couldn’t understand what was going on.

“Lou let me in.  What’s going on?”  I asked and the door flew open to reveal a stressed looking Louis and on the floor I could see a curly head of hair…

There laid a peaceful looking Harry Styles, an empty bottle of medicine, and any piece of my sanity left.  I threw myself towards the floor where he was with tears falling down my face.  Louis caught me in his arms and carried me out of the bathroom with me thrashing in his arms, yelling at him to let me go so I could be with Harry.  But he made no attempt to let me go and took me in the living room, sat us down on the couch, and held me whispering things to try to get me to calm down.  But I was shaking with the sobs that were escaping from me. 

I could see Niall on the floor, up against the wall with his head in his hands, just sitting there with his eyes wide. He looked completely shocked, almost as bad as I felt.  Louis had this distant look in his eyes while he tried to console me but no matter what he said or did, I know there was no point in calming me down. 

I heard the door shut and in walked Zayn and Liam, they looked worried and confused because of how we all looked.

 Louis, distant, with a single tear falling down his face. 

Niall, up against the wall, completely shocked and gone. 

And me, shaking from my sobs and Louis holding me close.

“Guys, whats going on?”  Liam asked apprehensively.

“H-har-ry, he, no he just, he can’t be. He.”  I attempted a coherent sentence but nothing like such came out.

“Harry over dosed.  I just called the ambulance.”  Louis said quietly with a shaky voice, not looking up.

“What?”  Zayn asked in disbelief, shock and worry evident on his face.

“Oh god…” Liam said quietly putting his hand over his mouth, going towards the bathroom in the back.  Everything after that moment, for me was vague and I didn't understand anything that was going on...It hurt too much...

We  heard the ambulance pull up, putting Harry on a stretcher and Liam got in the back with them.  Closing the door they took off. 

“Cora, just don’t leave Harry wouldn’t have wanted you to leave.”  Louis said, quietly catching my attention.  I didn’t quiet understand what he meant but took a deep breath.

“I can’t leave now Lou.”  I said so quietly, I’m not sure he heard me but he hugged me tighter so l took that as a yes.    I started to calm down and felt drained.  The last thing I remember is Louis carrying me to his room and laying me in his bed, tucking me in and kissing my forehead lightly.  “Please Cora…”  I didn’t catch the last part but I could care less.

I felt so numb…