Completed or Not Completed? 24 Hour Rechecks!

Now this one has been going on for a while.

For those of you who do not know or have never experienced this in your day to day lives, be prepared to be warned.

Now, here on wattpad it is quite a simple process into saying whether or not your book is finished or not. You tick a little box if it's completed and you DON'T if it's not.

Simple, right?

WRONG!

You think your book is gonna stay marked completed for the whole year or at least a couple of months?

What are you, delusional?!

No, your book is marked completed for a total of...

24 hours.

Each and every day for the past few months I have had to go into Create and set my book as completed just so people know that I have actually managed to successfully complete a book.

You have no idea how irritating that is. For a week? Fine OK, maybe I can live with that. But EVERY DAY for 7 months!! You'd think wattpad would have fixed it by now.

I even had a tag which says completed on it and yet still people say, 'Oh I didn't know it was completed cuz it wasn't marked.'

So. Damn. Irritating.

And it's not just the app that's the problem, at least I can ACCESS the completed bar, on the website I can't EVEN GET TO IT!

And you know what's even more irritating?

Before I could log in, change it and it would actually save for 24 hours! Now? It doesn't even save! It says 'please enter text' when I haven't even started a new chapter let alone gone into any of my existing chapters! And I can't log out without being threatened by the change being deleted in the first place! I log out and IT'S STILL DOESN'T SAY COMPLETED. And then the whole irritating process starts all over again.

Another thing I absolutely is that if you go into one of your existing chapters, even for a second, it changes the update date on your story. Now this may not seem irritating to you but it does to me.

Now, as you all know The Watty's clearly states the final date your story could be entered (which must be completed) was on Monday at midnight. I entered a story with my crew mates at Team Enigma which was completed a few months ago. Now, amazingly I managed to edit that in time but, here's where we hit a snag. It won't say the story is completed. Not only that but it says that the publication date on some of the chapters was today. Now, as I've told you earlier, I had to log into and change the completion setting on that story and my own. Because I dared to enter into the story and try to change the completion setting (which didn't work anyways)  it decided, 'Oh! She's done something to her story today! Let's just assume it was updated and change the updation date of the chapter!'

Now I may be worrying to much here, but doesn't the rules state it has to be completed?

Ours is, yet it seems wattpad won't accept it.

Not only that but they think ours was updated today?!

Wasn't the last update Monday?

Now, to my fellow crew mates at TeamEnigma. If they do not allow our story into the Watty's because of some stupid error which they made, please don't be angry at me. I did my best to show our story was indeed completed and had been for several months and they decided to stab me in the back by changing,the last update was today.

Please forgive my idiocy for trying to make sure we got a spot in the awards by proving our work was completed.

If we didn't, you can hate me if you want. I tried. :(

But the next time you do an update wattpad, fix to these three things,

1. If it's marked completed, IT SHOULD STAY COMPLETED.

2. If a new chapter is published, USE THAT AS THE LAST PUBLICATION DATE. Not the last time the story was opened.

3. Bring back the old Create page, AND MAKE SURE YOU CAN ACTUALLY CHANGE THE COMPLETION!