part 4: Wednesday

The night was young, but two miracles already happened: my dad let me borrow his car with a basic set of rules and I managed to pick up all three boys safely.

The street was packed with parked cars when we arrived, so I dropped them off at the front door. I followed after them after finding a parking spot, then I immediately came across Mikey, who was happily holding a bottle of beer.

"Thank you for bringing them here, Brad. You're an angel," Mikey said, then I gave him a small salute. I darted towards the kitchen and grabbed an unopened can of Sprite, downing it to refresh myself from my thirst.

The kitchen entryway provided a perfect view of the front door, allowing me to see who just arrived. When I was about to grab another soda can, the group of cheerleaders arrived, and she was one of them.

She was wearing a red dress with a black cardigan on top, along with her favourite necklace. I swallowed the lump in my throat as she walked inside the kitchen, recognising me immediately.

"Brad?" She called out, then I smiled and walked towards her. We pulled each other in for a small hug, then I took the opportunity to compliment her.

"You look...beautiful," I said, then she chuckled as she fixed my collar a little.

"Not too bad yourself, Mister I-wear-polo-shirts-at-a-party," Rocky joked, then I laughed along with her.

"Would you like a drink?" I asked, then she shrugged.

"What do they have?" She asked, then I led her to the drinks corner.

I grabbed another can of Sprite, then she grabbed two bottles of beer with a weird look on her face.

"Not drinking tonight, Simpson?" She asked, then I chuckled as I opened the can.

"Can't. Designated driver," I said coolly, secretly hoping that it impressed her.

"Wow, look at you being all grown up," she said as she started to drink her beer, then I chuckled.

"It's a one-time thing. I couldn't say no to Mikey," I said, then she hummed and stopped drinking.

"Speaking of my boyfriend, where is he?" She asked, then I shrugged. We both went to the living room and saw him passed out on the floor.

"God, people don't know how to handle themselves these days," Rocky mumbled to herself, then she tried to wake her boyfriend up.

"Brad, can you help me, please?" She asked, then I nodded my head. Together, we carried Mikey upstairs to the guestroom after asking for permission. There, Rocky made sure that her boyfriend was comfortable by removing his jacket and shoes, then we both went out of the room.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into that," Rocky told me nervously.

"It's fine. That has to be the most interesting experience I've ever had my whole partying life," I told her, then she smirked.

For the whole remainder of the party, all we did was catch up with each other at the kitchen. She got a couple more beers and I got some cold water, and when we finished them, I got a call from Seb.

"That was Sebastian. They're looking for me because they want to go home," I told her, then she nodded her head.

"Do you mind if I join you? I mean, we're neighbours, anyway, and you can just drop me off after," Rocky asked, then I smiled and nodded my head.

"Yeah, sure. I'm going to drop the boys off first, though, if that's okay with you?" I asked, then she smiled and nodded her head. We headed to the living room and met with the boys, then we all went outside and walked to the car.

"I call shotgun!" Rocky yelled, making Leon groan beside me as I assisted him to walk.

"Hey! I'm injured, I should be the one at the front. Tell her, Brad," Leon told me, then I smiled.

"That is true, though, Rocky. You can have shotgun once we've dropped him off," I said, then she pouted in reply.

"Say, aren't you Mikey's girlfriend? Why are you coming with us?" Fred asked her, then she shot him a smile.

"Brad's my neighbour, so he could just drop me off," Rocky said, then I clicked my dad's car open.

"But Brad, what about our brotherhood? Aren't we supposed to lay off of our teammates' girlfriends?" Seb asked me, then I opened the door to help Leon in.

"She's a friend, Seb. Plus, I can't do that to Mikey," I said, then I walked to the other side, hoping to hide the sudden burst of jealousy that came out of me.

---

After dropping off the last one of all three boys at his house, I got back in the car and looked at Rocky, who looked through my music player as I put my seatbelt on.

"I don't want to go home yet," Rocky said, then I put my hand on the wheel.

"Well, where do you want to go? My dad said that I can come home anytime as long as I arrive there safely," I asked her, then she smiled and turned to me as I waited for an answer.

"It's stupid, but, do you want to go to that park we went to as kids?" Rocky asked, then I chuckled before pulling off, driving us to the park at half past eleven in the morning.

When we got there, we immediately went to the grassy area and laid down on our backs, not caring about the grass sticking on our clothes. On cue, I brought out my music player and earphones, then I pressed shuffle on my playlist after offering her one of my earphones, making small talk about each song that would come up.

That is, until Tiny Dancer started to play.

"Oh, this song takes me back," Rocky said, then I laughed since I felt the same.

"Remember when we danced to this song when we were kids?" I asked her, then she hummed. I softly sang along to the song, then she joined me afterwards.

"You still have a beautiful voice," Rocky told me, then I softly thanked her for it. When the chorus came, I showed her my hand, then she laughed to herself and held it, then we rested it between us.

"Brad, what if we never grew apart? What if we never interacted with our friends now?" Rocky asked me, then I sighed.

"Things would be different, of course. We'd still take the bus together, fight off anyone who dares to be friends with us...who knows? It's a part of life to grow up, Rocky. And I'm glad that we both did," I said, then she hummed in agreement.

"I do regret not maintaining my friendship with you, though. Would've been nice," I told her, then she sighed.

"Same," she sighed out, then I looked at her with a sad smile on my face.

"Rocky?" I asked, then she turned her face to me. We looked at each other so dearly, then I took a deep breath.

"I miss you," I said, then she smiled back at me.

"I miss you, too." She replied, then we let the rest of song play as we stared at the stars and relaxed, not caring about anything but us and the song.

We continued to stare at the stars, and after a few songs played, I looked at her and saw that she was fast asleep. I smiled to myself as I removed the earphone from her ear, then I carried her all the way to the car and took her home carefully to not wake her up from her slumber. I called her dad to inform him that we're there, then he opened the lights and doors for me as I carried her up to her room, allowing her dad to tuck her in her bed after he thanked me for bringing her home.