Chpt. 2 Dreamcatchers

A/N: UNEDITED - please comment on any sections that don't make sense or need more description. And a heads up: things may be getting a bit weird...all shall be explained. ;) Thankyouuuuuu! Enjoy *muah*

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

I sighed as I turned off the last of the lights, and locked the doors of Pollies Pastrié. The conversation that took place an hour ago rolled through my mind. Apparently, when George and Beth were being creatively assassinated by little kids, they overheard many of them chattering excitedly about the Royale Ceremony taking place tomorrow. It's basically where 16-23year olds can enter in a raffle that lands them a place in the Academy, where they supposedly learn the way of the Royals; the problem though, is that no one knows what that really means. I guess it's the benefit of the mystery, and it leaves plenty for the dreamers' imaginations.

On that thought, my little sister, Ella, must be driving herself out of her mind. She absolutely adores anything along the line of being a princess or living in palaces, so the idea that a raffle can possibly bring her that dream is making her... well you know ... Let's just say that yesterday I had to go to work in a pink dyed uniform and a crown drawn on my head in permanent marker.

I shudder at that memory, while igniting the engine of my car; a dusty, run-down and over used object that can barely pass as a vehicle of any kind, but I love it. A pair of dream catchers dangle from the rear view mirror, which were insisted on by Ella. At least they were navy blue with crystals, not her usual fluffy pink choice. I peer closer, caught in a trance by its beauty.  The crystals were catching the moonlight, shining so bright it almost seemed that they were.... glowing. As if hypnotised, I reach out to touch the diamonds, but just as my fingertips were about to connect...

"HOOOONKK" I jolt upright as if hit by lightning.
"AGHHHHHH," I 'majestically' scream, searching for the source of the commotion. Of course, a car across the street had triggered it's alarm somehow, but it sounded off, as if it was backwards. I shield my ears and glance back at the dream catchers. They still shone in the moonlight, but the glow was gone - if it even was there in the first place. Yeahhhhh, it was probably just a silhouette cast from the street lights.

I reach out again to cradle the soft, speckled feathers that dangled from threads of beads extruding from the dream catchers. However, as soon as I got within an inch of it, all the street lights went out and it was dead silence.

Flustered and a tad creeped out, I pull up at my apartment. It was 11:42pm and I was feeling so done with the world and ready to escape reality, so I flop on my bed and force myself to sleep. Only I didn't expect a whole new reality to be waiting for me in the morning.