•6•

I open the door and it's instantly slammed shut before I can even move a muscle. I turn around to see Kayla there and her face is white as a ghost.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

"Nothing," she says, "What are you doing?"

"Shutting the basement light off. Someone left it on," I say.

"Oh it was me," she says, "I'll go shut it off."

"Why were you down there, ma?"

"I was looking for an old baby book that I put down there when we moved in," she says.

I nod my head, "Oh okay."

"Why don't you go upstairs? I'll be there in a minute after I shut out the light."

"Okay," I say.

That was really weird. I don't understand why she literally slammed the door and practically freaked out when I tried to go down there.

Something is totally off.

(Kieran's POV)

I apparently forgot to lock the basement door the last time I went down there. Thank God I was right there or else Nick would have saw everything.

I would have been so screwed.

"Almost get caught?" Kayla asks as I get onto the bottom step.

I roll my eyes, "No, I have it all under control, but how are you going?"

"How am I doing? Are you serious, Kieran? Does it look like I'm okay? I have blood all over me, I haven't slept, ate, or drank in days and you are ask how I'm doing?"

I chuckle, "You don't have to get so mad at me."

"I'm allowed to be mad!" She yells, "You would be mad if I locked your ass down here!"

"Well the thing is that I wouldn't be in this situation," I say, "I don't have the perfect life."

She rolls her eyes again, "Would you stop saying that? My life is far from perfect. You have no clue what I go through every day."

"And I frankly don't care what you go through," I say, "You can rot down here for all I care. You mean to nothing to me. You are dead to me, Kayla."

(Nick's POV)

After Kayla told me to go upstairs I went straight to Brandon's room. I need to talk to someone about this.

"You okay?" He asks as I sit down on the edge of his bed.

"I don't know," I say, "I think I might be going crazy, but I don't know."

"Why do you think that?" He asks sitting back in his chair a bit.

"Because of Kayla. She has been acting super weird and I don't know what to think about it."

"I guess she has been acting different, but I'm sure it's nothing," he says.

"What if it is something though?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "Maybe it is. Have you tried talking to her."

"Yes, but she said she is fine. I just don't get it at all. She is acting like she hasn't lived with us for almost a year now."

"Talk to her again," he says, "Maybe she will tell you if you keep asking her."

I run my fingers through my hair, "I don't know. I don't want to pressure her because then she will get mad at me."

"I don't know, man," he says, "She has been acting weird, so try to get something out of her."