I Made It Lighter For You (4)

"Jesus Christ is this typical for a king?" I groaned, wiping a bead of sweat off of my forehead and dropping the chain mail on the ground; falling with it. I looked up in despair as I realized I had to get the chain mail, which weighed about a bijillion pounds by the way, from the ground, and over Arthur's head.

        "You know I could have done it myself right?" He chuckled, raising an eyebrow as he looked down at me.

        "I-" I huffed a little, blowing the loose strand of hair out of my face and looping my arms around the heavy metal armour. "Can." I panted, getting myself into a crouching position. "Do." I felt myself falling over; but thankfully I managed to stand up, the chain mail still dragging on the ground. "It." I finished, throwing it at him in hopes that it went over his head.

        "Shit." Arthur groaned, the chain mail hitting him in the face before falling. "I should have just done it." He concluded, picking up the armour like it was a feather and sliding it gracefully over his head.

        "I made it lighter for you." I chimed in in attempts to maintain my dignity.

        "You can't make chain mail-" He started before I cut him off.

        "It's a figure of speech idiot. Sorry, my Liege," I corrected in the most snobby British accent I could muster. "Just let me feel like I did something useful."

        "Oh right, my apologies." He smirked, grabbing his helmet off of the rack and sliding it over his head.

        "Remind me why you do this again?" I asked as I followed him out of the stable; his strides too quick forcing me to run in order to keep up.

        "If I'm not the best fighter in Camelot, I don't deserve to be king." He stated, leading me to where Merlin was and grabbing his sword from him.

        "Hello Ava." Merlin piped in happily, pulling me into a tight hug which I gladly returned.

        "Hello Merlin, good to see you again." I cheered, genuinely happy to see him.

        When I woke up this morning, it was to Arthur staring at me like Edward stared at Bella in Twilight. Obviously my first instinct was to hit him with a pillow, which didn't go over to well as he began swearing under his breath a lot more than I'm used to. 

        Next, Arthur proposed that I help him prepare for the annual Knight Fight or whatever he called it. I hope it was Knight Fight though because that rhymes. Of course I denied multiple times, until he told me that Merlin was out the whole day anyways; gathering supplies for the dinner tonight. I guess it was either stay in bed all day (which sounded appealing), or annoy the crap out of someone who annoyed the crap out of me (which sounded even more appealing). So, ladies and gentlemen, here I am.

        "You don't have to act when it's just us." Arthur spat, his voice sounding strangely angry as he ripped the shield that Merlin was holding out of his hands. 

        "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Merlin whispered to me as Arthur sauntered away, his steps forceful in order to show his obvious distaste for the situation.

        "It's probably me. I did throw chain mail at his face a few minutes ago." I shrugged, Merlin's eyes widening before he buckled over in a fit of laughter.

        "I- you-" Merlin continued to stammer through his laughs, obviously trying to find the right word; my eyes brightening with amusement when Arthur's voice boomed through our encounter.

        "Will you two stop diddling and get over here?" He shouted, his eyes glaring at me as he sharpened his sword on a nearby stone.

        "Is there something you need?" Merlin asked when we reached Arthur, the King's eyes falling on mine as he addressed Merlin.