Revenge

"Whoever the hell this is, Elliot's definitely pissed them off." Cragen stood with his arms crossed, in the hospital waiting room. Elliot, Olivia, Fin and Munch stood in a circle near him.

"He's pissed me off before, I haven't tried rape his wife." Fin replied.

"I say we call every florist in town." Olivia said.

"Yeah." Elliot agreed. "I doubt that very many of them got an order for a dozen black roses."

"Black roses?" Cragen shook his head. "I never even knew they existed."

Munch let out a chuckle and sat down in a nearby chair.

"What's so funny?" Fin asked.

"I just can't get over the fact that all of us are stumped by the existence of black roses," he replied.

"They're definitely unheard of." Olivia remarked. "Kinda ugly, too."

"Red roses stand for undying love," Elliot replied. "Yellow roses stand for friendship. All roses have some kind of meaning...what's black mean?"

"We're detectives." Fin chuckled. "Not florists."

"Elliot's right, though." Cragen replied. "They have to mean something. Munch and Fin...I want you to hit every florist in the next two blocks." He turned to Olivia and Elliot. "I was gonna place a uniform outside Becca's room-"

"I'm not leaving."

"I know that, Elliot. That's why you and Olivia are gonna stay here and call every florist you can find in the yellow pages. But, I am gonna put a call in to get a uniform outside Kathy's place," he placed his hands in his pockets. "In the meantime, I'm gonna go to the station and go through the evidence from yesterday."

About an hour later, Becca sat with her arms crossed across her chest. Watching and listening to Elliot and Olivia work. Olivia was sitting in a chair, a phone book open across her lap and the phone to her ear. Elliot paced back and forth in front of the bed, his cellphone in one hand and a list of numbers in the other.

"Yeah..thanks." Elliot clicked his phone shut, then looked to Olivia.

"Thanks for the help." Olivia grumbled, hanging the phone up. "This is useless."

"This is boring." Becca replied.

Olivia simply smiled back at her.

Elliot sat on the edge of the bed next to Becca and sighed. "Half of the florists didn't even know about black roses."

"I can't imagine why," Becca remarked. "After all they're so-" she paused for a moment, thinking of what to say. "Ugly."

Olivia giggled. "I said the same thing."

Dr. Lynemach entered the room with a smile. "Good afternoon, guys." she smiled. "How's it going?"

"Great." Olivia smiled.

"How are you feeling?" she moved to Becca's side and started reading the monitors.

"Pretty good." Becca replied.

"Dr. Jerlin showed me her notes from the past twelve hours" she remarked, reading through the papers on her clipboard. "You're body is incredibly fast at healing."

"What's that mean?" Elliot raised an eyebrow.

"Well-" she started. "Dr. Jerlin checked the sutures from the surgery yesterday and they're healing really well. The vitals on the baby are absolutely perfect."

"Great."

"So, Becca, if you can promise to stay on bed rest for the next couple of weeks, I can start discharge papers and you can leave tomorrow afternoon."