Worry

"Elliot!" Fin called. "You gotta slow down, man! You're gonna hurt yourself or somebody else!"

Elliot ignored him and ran through the hall of the hospital. He made it to the elevator and pressed the button. "Screw it, I'll take the stairs." He turned, but just as he did the elevator doors opened.

Munch and Fin tried their best to make it to the elevator with him, before it closed. Unfortunately, they had to wait for the next one.

Elliot emerged from the elevator. He found Cragen sitting in the waiting area.

"Elliot." Cragen stood, as Elliot approached him.

"Where is she? What the hell happened?" He asked, trying to catch his breath.

"Breathe."

"Screw breathing." He snapped. "Fin and Munch came to the school to get me, but they don't know shit about what's going on. All they know is something about Becca being attacked."

"Have a seat, Elliot." Cragen motioned to one of the chairs.

"Captain." Elliot snapped. "I don't want to have a seat. I wanna know what the hell happened to my wife."

"Elliot, I'm not so sure myself." Cragen replied. "Olivia's been with her ever since your neighbor called the station looking for you."

"Detective Stabler?"

Elliot turned to a middle aged blonde, wearing scrubs. "Yes?" He replied. "Can you tell me anything about my wife?"

"I'm Dr. Byrne." She started. "Your wife was just examined by her obstetrician and she's being prepped for surgery."

"Surgery for what?" He replied. "I'm completely lost. Nobody can tell me anything."

"Your wife was attacked outside your apartment building, Detective. One of your neighbors called an ambulance for her. She was unconscious when she got here, there's evidence of chloroform was used. There's definitely signs of a struggle. There's a pretty big bump on her head where she must of hit the ground, and she may have a concussion. Her attacker must of punched or hit her with some blunt object in her stomach. Her obstetrician did an exam and her placenta is torn and there's some internal bleeding." She glanced to the side to see Munch and Fin, where they joined Cragen behind Elliot.

Elliot took a deep breath. "What's that mean?"

"Detective, if the placenta isn't repaired in a timely manner, there's a chance that the baby won't survive. The placenta is losing blood, therefore taking away the baby's oxygen." She handed him a clipboard and pen. "You got here just in time, because I need you to sign some paperwork. Dr. Lynemach and I need to perform surgery on your wife immediately, or we run the risk losing her and the baby."

"And the surgery will save them both?"

Dr. Byrne let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, Detective. I can't make any guarantees, but the faster we get in there, the bigger the chance of saving them. The baby is in the most danger, right now."

Elliot scribbled his name across the paper and handed the clipboard back to her. "Can I see her, before she goes into surgery?"

"I'm sorry, Detective. She's completely unconscious and already being prepped." She gently rubbed a hand across his shoulder. "I promise you as soon as we're done, I'll come straight out here to update you."

"Okay." He sighed. "Thanks."

Dr. Bryne gave him a reassuring nod and hurried down the hall, passing Olivia on the way.