31

"Sin?"

I stand there, in shock, as Sin stands up behind the fancy green table. Why is he here? And why is he holding a deck of cards?

"Are you..." My question gets lost in my head as I try to decipher what the fuck is going on here.

"Haven, what are you doing here?" he asks angrily. He growls, "Go back upstairs."

Now my shock turns to anger. He is telling me to leave?

"Do you work here?" I finally ask, my tone sounding as astonished as I feel.

Sin purses his lips and looks down at the cards in his hand, not answering.

"Haven, you need to go back upstairs," he says, less angrily than the first time. "Please listen to me. You don't want to be down here."

"Sin," I say his name loudly and clearly, commanding his eyes to meet mind. "Do you work here?"

"Oh yeah, Sin's my best croupier!" Oliver Greystone announces, walking back over to the table and throwing an arm around Sin's shoulders as if they're the best of friends.

Oliver Greystone and Sin... are, like, working together? Or rather, Sin works for Oliver?

Oh my god. Of course.

I should have realized this as soon as Oliver told me his son was Archer. Sin told me multiple times that he worked with Archer, even though he wouldn't tell me what he did for work.

"Haven, it's not that big of a-"

"You... You... You work. Here," I say, still trying to piece it together.

Not only is Sin here, at this god forsaken casino, but he's working here.

I look up at him, standing there with that skeevy criminal's arm wrapped around him. He's not ashamed at all. Sin doesn't move Oliver's arm off of his shoulder or say anything to defend himself. He just stands there, watching me realize the truth.

This can't be happening. Sin works here? He's one of the people that has been fucking over my brother?

Sin has been taking Ethan's money, threatening him, terrorizing him, all behind my back. While he's been flirting with me and acting like we're the best of friends, all while knowingly fucking over my brother, my own family.

All of this is too much for one night.

"I got to get out of here." I throw my hands up and turn to leave, tuning everything else out. Sin says something, but I can't even listen close enough to process what it is.

I rush up the stairs and out to the front of the restaurant where Zara is.

"Woah, Haven, you alright? You look freaked," she tells me.

"I'm fine," I immediately lie. "What time is it?"

"It's almost ten. I was just going to come and find you and let you know your shift is almost over," she tells me.

Thank God. I have to leave. I have to get out of here, like now.

"Okay, great. I'm leaving," I say, barely able to look at her. "See you later."

I rush to the back and grab my bag, pulling my car keys out and all but running to my car. Once I'm on the road, I feel like I can take a breath.

It only takes me ten minutes to get home, and I immediately rush upstairs to my room, plopping down on my bed and taking off my shoes.

As I sit on my bed, I let myself start to process what the hell just happened.

Sin works at the illegal casino underneath Lumière's. He works for Archer's dad. He's one of the guys that Ethan said got him drunk and convinced him to take money from them.