A Lot to Use You For

someone asked what Kane looks like. For me it goes from Tony Goldwyn to Chris Evans but Tony would be the main one. but that's simply what helps me write, so see whoever you want ☺️.
---------------------

"Nicole can you sit down please," Kane interrupted me.

"Music," I tapered off to finish my thought. Kane sighed and moved all his piles to the side before waving two fingers towards him, as I stood behind him.

"Nicole," he started. "Clover, can you sit down for me please," Kane asked. I had a feeling he wouldn't ask again.

༒ ༒ ༒

"Could I get food," I asked him, slowly moving each foot behind the other as I walked back towards the pantry.

"Poptarts are hardly food now are they, Clover," he mocks me. However he stays silent so I take this opportunity to get a pack of Poptarts, much to his protest showed in a sigh.

Opting on eating them as they came, I hesitantly sat down across from him at the table as Kane rubbed the bridge of his nose. While his eyes were sealed shut in discomfort, I took this opportunity to study his face. Kane's bone structure was so strong and jarring. His face wasn't the most open to look at or wasn't necessarily comforting at all. If you looked at Kane while he was caught off guard, you'd think he was angry, and I guess that was something we had in common. But my face was cold and unemotional, Kane's face was nothing more than a man you didn't want to piss off. Me? It didn't matter what you did, I would seem irritated either way. Which wasn't necessarily untrue.

"I'm sorry," he breaks my thought. "I bark at you to sit down, only to make you wait," he chuckled at himself. "Also my frustration isn't directed at you, it's just the work. I got used to having that week off too quickly," Kane explained. I nodded in silence, my slim fingers reaching into the package of Wild Tropical Blast Poptarts.

"Just use us as an excuse to take more days off," I lightheartedly joked as a suggestion. It worked as Kane let out a stressed filled chuckle.

"That's good, that's good. I'm sure there's a lot I could use you for," he said quietly.

My eyes shot up while his head was still down, eyes shut. The wrinkles between his eyebrows went away with his laughter but I was simply taken aback. I was close to asking him to repeat himself before he spoke.

"You," he says before crossing his arms on the table and raising his head up to look at me.

"Me," I questioned as my voice raised slightly at the end. I can't help but to feel as if I pissed him off since the energy rolling off of him was not pleasant and I still didn't know what this conversation was about.

"Yeah you, your conversation with lover boy this morning. How did it go," he asked me nonchalantly. It was as if he were my friend or my dad, meddling in his teenage daughters life. I didn't want that, I didn't want that from Kane. No part of me wanted Kane to be my father. Maybe Josh wanted that but no part of me ached for a father, not from Kane. Maybe for other things or maybe not.

"We're going to the record store on Monday at 5," I tell him quietly, discarding my thoughts. Kane smiles to himself as if he knows something I don't.

"What," I said somewhat scared but his smile only got wider as my eyes started to pop out of my head. "You're going on a date," he laughed as he jerked his chin in my direction. He was mocking me. As if the idea of me going on a date with a boy was unfathomable. And with a boy, it honestly was. But he didn't know that. So to him, me going on a date was simply unfathomable.

"You act as if I can't get asked out on dates," I scoffed. Kane laughed quietly and shook his head. "No no, you can. I'm sure you can get any boy you want, I just didn't think they would get you. Or that he would get you," he continued to laugh.