Chapter 1

"Sit properly," saad ng mama niya. And sit properly she did. Kasalukuyan silang nasa restaurant ng isang 5-star hotel na pagmamay-ari ng mga "magulang" niya. Erwin and Ann Garcia aren't her true parents. They told her they adopted her when she was five years old. She was "created" for this exact moment. The perfect daughter.

The couple are known for adopting four girls whom they also "gave" away as "gifts" to various businessmen. Cruel but she and her "sisters" were fine with it. Especially her sisters, since all the businessmen were filthy rich. Her sisters can't live without money and if "gifting" them to rich businessmen as wives can help them maintain their socialite life then they are fine with it. And she knows it is her turn today. Wala na rin naman siyang pakialam. She's grateful for the both of them for feeding her and clothing her, making her experience everything even if she never felt any adoration from the both of them. If giving her away can make them happy then she'll gladly do it. she's not doing this because of money but because of gratitude. 

She was nothing without the Garcia's. 

"He's here, wife." sabi ng papa niya. He then smiled at her, a perfunctory smile. Then he turned to the door and a man emerged from the double doors of the hotel restaurant. The man was wearing a three-piece suit that looks tailored exactly for him. 

Rich. was the first thing that came into her mind. Mayaman ang pamilya niya pero alam niyang mas mayaman ang lalaking nasa harapan nila ngayon. Tumingin siya sa lalaki pero hindi ito nakatingin sa kanya, ngunit kay Erwin. 

"I thought we'll be talking business?" halata ang disgusto sa boses nito. Her eyes flickered with some emotions pero humigpit ang hawak ng mama niya sa kamay niya. 

Lumapit ito at bumulong sa kanya, "Control," tumango lang naman siya bilang tugon. Mahina ang boses nito kaya't alam niya na siya at ang mama niya lamang ang nakarinig ng usapan nila. 

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lu," paumanhin ng papa niya, "I know I've become bold to ask for another meeting with you but we really need you to invest in our company." 

The man took a seat in front of her but he still wasn't looking at her as if she didn't exist. She and her parents noticed this but she didn't care. She was just irked the first time but she controlled herself now. 

"And what does your daughter got to do with our business meeting?" malamig ang boses ng lalaki bago siya tinapunan ng tingin. She was a bit surprised from the repulsion in his eyes but she calmed her self and just nodded politely as a way of greeting him. Hindi naman ito tumugon pero nanatiling nakatitig sa kaniya. 

"Are you stupid?" tanong nito. 

"Mr. Lu!" ani ng mama niya. 

"I was talking to your daughter," ani ng lalaki, "Are you stupid?" 

Ngumiti siya. The perfect smile she practiced for years in front of the mirror, the flawless smile that tells none of her emotions. "No, sir. As a matter of fact, I am not stupid." 

"Then you're aware that they are selling you to me because of business?" nang-uuyam ang boses nito saka pinagkrus ang mga braso habang nakatingin sa kanya. Ngumiti lang ulit siya sa lalaki at tumango. Nagtaas ito ng kilay. 

"Interesting." anito at tumayo. "You arrange the wedding. I could care less where and when," saad nito bago umalis. Hindi naman mapalis ang ngiti sa mukha ng mga magulang niya. Nilapitan siya ng papa niya bago hinaplos ang buhok niya at hinalikan siya sa noo saka lumapit sa asawa.

Ngumiti naman ang mama niya sa kanyang tabi at hinawakan ang kamay niya, "Very good, daughter, very good." 

Yes. Very good.