Chapter 26

Chapter warning - mild sexual content

(Seina's POV)
I whirled around so quick that I heard my arm slicing through the air as I sent my fist into the punching pads. Tatsuo winced at the force of the strike but I simply grinned and danced away only to return with a strong kick which sent him staggering backwards. I don't know how long I kept at it before I noticed Kyoya standing in the doorway. He was frowning at the wall but his expression changed when he saw me watching and I unbound the martial arts tape from my hands and feet. He drew his fingers through my ponytail and placed a kiss on my sweaty forehead making me cringe but he showed no signs of having noticed. Tatsuo looked relieved that his ordeal was over as he smiled at me and left.

We walked back upstairs to my chambers in a comfortable silence, one of my hands in his. He then sat on the bed while I collected a change of clothes, chattering mindlessly as I did so.
'I'm going to get a shower.' I said, grinning at him. 'Care to join me?' He rolled his eyes and gave a rueful shake of his head at my antics before getting out his damned notebook and focusing on that. I scowled and stuck my tongue out at him before going into the bathroom and shutting the door.
When I emerged, I found Kyoya had changed for dinner and was sat on the bed staring into space. I perched on the mattress beside him and touched his back. 'Hey are you ok? You've been kind of quiet today.' He raised his head, a soft smile on his face that I knew was mine alone.
'Is that so?' An amused look sparked in his eyes which turned half-lidded as he leaned in towards me, one hand on my thigh. I pressed my lips against his and the force of his response shook the breath from my lungs. Even as he pushed me down onto the bed I tugged him closer to me, my hands in his hair and his clothes as he moved his lips down my neck and along my collar bone. His scent was intoxicating and heat filled my body as our lips moved together again.
I reached for the buttons on his shirt and unbuttoned them quickly to reveal his smooth toned chest. He paused for a second, as if assessing me. I ran my hands down and along his chest, earning a small gasp as I brushed his nipples.
I sat up slightly and pulled my top over my head leaving me in only my bra and a black pencil skirt. I watched him take in my body and attempt to reassert his self control. I smiled and kissed him, pulling him down so I could feel his skin against my bare stomach. 'You know,' I murmured against his lips. 'It turns out I don't really feel like joining everyone else for dinner.' A smile tugged at his lips.
'I was just thinking the same thing.'
It wasn't long before my skirt and his trousers joined our tops on the floor and I lay wrapped up in his arms, loving his body against mine. I knew what he wanted, the evidence clear before me, but I wasn't quite ready yet and he seemed to be ok with that. He traced small circles and patterns along my bare skin and placed soft kisses along my face and body. The fact that he could be both so sharp yet so gentle was surprising and I loved that about him. Especially since I was the only beneficiary of this gentle side of him. He propped himself up on one elbow and stroked a hand through my hair.
'You know, once we're married you don't have to ever see this place again if that's what you want.'
'I know, but this is my ancestral home. I grew up here. My family is here.' He paused as if weighing up his options.
'I spoke to your uncle today.' My blood stilled and my heart sped up as I realised what he meant.
'What.'
'I had to say something.' I sat up and swung my legs over the side of the bed, sitting with my back to him while my mind reeled.
'And if he calls off our engagement out of spite?' I asked quietly. I both heard and felt him move to sit just behind me but he didn't touch me.
'He wouldn't do that for all the reasons he told you to please me.' He spat the last words as if they were bitter on his tongue. Warm hands began to massage and caress my exposed skin. 'And if he did that then we would elope. I would drive you any place you wanted and marry you, by the time they caught up with us it would already have been consummated.' He pressed a quick kiss where the curve of my neck meets my shoulder.
I gave a small nod and turned back around to face him. 'Do you promise?' He smiled and kissed me.
'I promise that nothing on this earth will stop me from making you my wife.'
I climbed into his lap and tried not to moan as I felt the hard length of him press against the exact, right place. His breath hitched noticeably as I settled upon him whether at the sensation or the sound that escaped me, I couldn't be sure. I nearly gave in then, nearly forgot about caution and self control. It would be so easy to remove those final boundaries between us and just give myself up to him completely. The thought sent both heat and my pulse thundering through my body. Kyoya's eyes were dilated, half glazed by desire, his hands kneading the soft flesh at my waist, dangerously close to the hem of my underwear. I was leaning into kiss him when a knock sounded through my chambers.
I laughed slightly, the spell broken and slipped out of his lap and under the covers. 'Go ask whichever maid it is to fetch us dinner then leave us alone for the night.' He raised an eyebrow at me in response to my bossiness but pulled on his trousers and went to the door anyway.