Chapter 14

(Seina's POV)
I was late arriving at the host club because my mother had wanted to speak to me. It had transpired that an important business contact had requested my company later that week and despite my looming engagement, I was required to attend. It wasn't unusual for male clients and business partners of my uncle to take me out for dinner or somewhere else. I had been instructed from a young age on charming men to get their business and my Uncle was therefore happy to send them my way. A bodyguard went with me on every occasion, just in case, not that his presence was necessary given the extent of my martial arts training.
Sometimes the men were young, potential future husbands in some circumstances, leaving me to wonder if I was being sent on marriage meetings without my knowledge. Other times they were a lot older and their attention left me sickened and uneasy. Despite this, I promised my mother that I would go along and behave myself.

By the time I arrived at Ouran, I was relieved for the distraction from official business. I walked through the door of the host club to an ear splitting cry.
'Oni-sama!' A small blonde girl with pigtails was securely attached to Tamaki-senpai, hugging him tightly.
I looked around in bewilderment at the other hosts who were all dressed in police uniforms. I couldn't help noticing that Kyoya-senpai looked very good in black and my eyes lingered on him a second longer. Then I turned back to Tamaki-senpai.
'Senpai? You have a little sister?'
'I am definitely an only child! At least I think I am...'
Honey-senpai smiled brightly. 'Maybe she does look like you? You're both blonde.'
'Um. What's your name miss?'
'Kirimi!'
Then the pieces clicked into place and I realised who this little girl had to be. Kirimi Nekozawa. However, by the time that I had come to this conclusion, Tamaki-senpai had allowed himself to be guilt tripped into agreeing to being her older brother. Haruhi was not impressed.
'No matter how easily carried away you are by your emotions, it is irresponsible for you to make such promises to a child this young!' She then turned to Kyoya-senpai for help who began pondering the identity of her actual brother.
I was about to tell them when Nekozawa-senpai appeared in the doorway whispering her name. For once he was uncloaked and looked surprisingly cute. I gave him a small wave but before he had chance to respond or identify himself to the others his cloak and wig were flung over him by some servants, making him instantly recognisable. To everyone except Kirimi-chan that is.
The servants were quick to explain the situation and attempted to reclaim Kirimi-chan but she became instantly frightened by her brother's unorthodox attire and leaped back into Tamaki-senpai's arms. The twins tried to fix the problem by removing his cloak but he freaked out and collapsed to the floor, clinging to the dark fabric.
Honey-senpai then went to close the curtains to make it dark enough for Nekozawa-senpai. A jolt of fear shot through me and I grabbed onto Kyoya-senpai's arm. He seemed taken aback by my behaviour but didn't shake me off. Kirimi-chan started to cry since she was afraid of the dark and the curtains had to be reopened. I gave a shaky laugh and released Kyoya-senpai as sunlight flooded back into the room. He continued to watch me but kept his thoughts on my behaviour to himself.
The maid started up some silly, Romeo and Juliet nonsense but thankfully, was quickly shut down by Haruhi. The twins exchanged a look.
'Are all the Nekozawas as strange as this?' I winced as she started shrieking at them.
'What are you talking about!? The Nekozawas are a distinguished family descended from the Russian Tokarev dynasty.'
'Romanov.' Tamaki-senpai corrected, but she was already off again babbling about people being cursed to darkness.
'She fell in love with a portrait of her fairytale brother Umehito-sama and routinely comes looking for him like this.'
I was getting fed up with her melodrama. 'So what you're saying is you can't keep a little girl under control and allow her to frequently wonder off. I would have fired you at least the second time this happened.' The twins nodded in agreement with me. However, she continued unperturbed.
'We read her bedtime stories about fairytale princes but eventually ran out so we moved onto shoujo manga featuring princely characters. She is a big fan.' Everyone stared deadpan at the irresponsible woman in front of us. When she and the man servant attempted to take the child home she screamed that she wanted to stay with her 'big brother' Tamaki-senpai. Nekozawa then ran off, clearly dejected.
Kyoya-senpai pushed his glasses up his nose. 'Siblings are the cause of trouble in any family.' I swatted his arm.
'Hey! I get on really well with my siblings.'
The twins nodded enthusiastically. 'And what exactly are we? Suspiciously similar next door neighbours?'
I raised an eyebrow at them. 'You two are the main cause of trouble in any given situation or scenario never mind your own family.'
'Ouch Seina. Tell us how you really feel why don't you?'
Haruhi was staring out of the window. 'I'm jealous of them. I've been an only child my whole life but having a brother and not getting on with him would be very sad.' Tamaki-senpai apparently took Haruhi's words to heart and gently placed the little girl back on the floor.
'I'm sorry Kirimi-chan, I'm not your big brother. But you do have a brother more handsome and princely than me.' He launched to his feet. 'Once Kirimi-chan came in here she became a customer to the host club and the Ouran High school Host Club exists to bring girls happiness! Having siblings who cannot be together is a serious problem which cannot be allowed to stand! Operation make Nekozawa-senpai into the bright, princely character that Kirimi-chan prefers is underway!' Everyone looked at him doubtfully.
'Is that possible?' Haruhi then scolded him again for getting carried away. But he had already summoned Renge-san who came spinning out of the floor, cackling manically.