Run!

Eliot's P.O.V

I run as fast as I can toward the den. Ivy. I can't lead them back to her. Up ahead I can see the opening of the den. I turn.

"Don't worry, Eli. We will end you quickly." the alpha yells behind me.

I run as fast as I can away from Ivy. I make a U-turn around a large tree. The wolves skid to a stop and turn.

I leap into the den, knowing that the wolves can't get in.

"Ivy, wake up." I wait till her head lifts up and she is awake.

"What's happening?" she asked.

"I need you to dig a tunnel out the back. There are wolves in the front." I growl. I hear her begin digging. Spirits help us.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Ivy's P.O.V

I have never seen a wolf before. Eliot comes up beside me and helps me dig. We dig for a long time, listening to the wolves outside growling and howling at us.

We finally break surface and begin to run.

"Do you know how to climb a tree?" Eliot asks.

"I'm a fox, not a squirrel." I look over my shoulder. I don't see any wolves so I slow down.

"It's not hard." he looks around. "Watch me."

He runs a long way in front of me a puts his paws on a tree. He jumps up and hooks his front legs around a branch, kicking his hind legs to give a boost. He does this a few more times until he is high off the ground. "Your turn."

I stop by the tree he is in. I try to copy him, but fall. It takes me a while before I can get into the tree.

We sit in the tree for what seems like forever. The wolves appear and stop under the tree next to a us.

"They got away." the biggest says. "Eli! If I ever see you in my territory again! I will kill!" He looks around one more time. He turns to the other wolves. "If you see that fox again, or any fox. Kill it immediately. Then report to me." The pack walks away.

I look over at Eliot. "Why were they chasing you?"

"I didn't know this was their territory." he lays his head down. "Before I met you I had walked into their territory. He told me if I ever came back he would kill me."

"Did you think he was lying?" I tease.

"I didn't know we passed his territory line." he answers.

I lay my head down. "We need to get some rest. Tomorrow we will continue."