Dreams

"You really should get some sleep." Eli says as he walks into the den. He is carrying two rabbits and a mouse in his mouth.

I lay my head down on my paws. "I've tried."

It has been three days since Eliot rescued me. My back continues to hurt, but Eliot has been taking care of me. He found an old fox den and helped me in.

"Try harder." he teases. He brings the mouse and a rabbit over to me.

I eat the rabbit and half of the mouse. He eats his rabbit and finishes the mouse.

"Well you might not be able tosleep, but I am." he says. He lays down next to me and his warmth washes over me.

I close my eyes and slowly fall asleep.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

"What are you doing here?"

I turn to see my family standing around me. "I asked you a question," my dad says.

"I don't know. Am I dreaming?"

"It's not like we would track you down," my mom answers. "We did kick you out after all."

"That wasn't your fault."

"Of course you would think that." I turn and look at my brother. "Did you ever think we might have just not wanted you around?"

"Wait. What?" I ask confused.

I turn to my dad. "We never wanted you. We were hoping for all boys," my dad says.

"I don't understand."

The dream shifts. I am standing in the middle of the woods surrounded by fog.

I jump as a male voice begins talking behind me. "Well, well, well." I turn to look but there is nothing there.

"Looks like we get even more food tonight." I spin when I hear a different voice.

I turn in circles as more and more voices arise.

"Hello, Ivy." I stop spinning. I look at a silhouette in the fog. It becomes clearer and clearer till I can see who it is.

"Eliot?" I ask. "What's happening?"

He slowly walks in a circle around me. Wherever he walked a wolf emerged from the fog. 20 wolves completed the circle and Eli stops. I recognize some from when the wolves chased us.

"Eli?"

He evilly smirks at me. "Run."

The dream changes as the fog swallows the wolves.

I am now laying on a human bed.

A door behind me clicks as Maddie Grey walks in. She is holding a small puppy.

"Who's a cute girl? You- oh." she says as she sees me. "What are you doing here, Ivy?"

"Ivy? You always called me Storm." I stand.

"It doesn't matter. You're supposed to be dead." She walks over to me and places the small dog next to me.

As it lands on the bed the scene changes from Maddie's bedroom to the room at the hospital.

Maddie's voice comes out of the dog's mouth. "What's my name?"

"I don't- How would I know?" I ask confused.

"This is your dream." The small dog says.

"I-"

"Wake up!"

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

I am pulled out of my dream. Eli is standing over me.

"What are you doing? I finally fall asleep and you wake me up. Granted it was weird but still."

"You have been asleep for a whole days. Almost 2."

"What?! Why didn't you wake me?" I ask. I look around. There are carcasses against the side. The smell of rotting food hits me and I scrunch my nose.

"I've tried. Twice. You kept mumbling." He walks out of the den.

I follow him. "I'm sorry if I worried you."

He continues to walk till he reaches a small cliff. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Who's Maddie?" he says, looking at me. "You kept mentioning her in your sleep."

"Maddie... Maddie is a human. Her family took me in after I hurt my leg. She took care of me. She was nice."

"Why didn't you just tell me? As long as she didn't hurt you, I fine with that," he says. "Let's get back to the den."

He turns and walks away. I stand there for a few long seconds. What was I so worried about?

•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•

I am so sorry it took this long to write.
The server deleted this chapter, so I started on a new one. Then it brought it back.

~A.K