Part two

Elliot leads Adaline to his humble abode. As they get to his house, Elliot stands by the door, the house's scanners doing a face recognition on Elliot to unlock the door.

The world got rid of using keys for locks. Everyone realized that the security of using keys wasn't reliable, so with their advanced technology, they created face recognition. Fingerprints could easily be forged, so this seemed like the best idea, though people still figures out a way to hack them. Nobody did anything about this though.

As the door unlocked, Elliot walks in with Adaline right behind him. The first thing Adaline notices about his house, is that there were so many pictures of a teenage girl. Adaline didn't know who this girl in every single picture was.

What if the girl is Elliot's girlfriend? As soon as this thought enters Adaline's head, she starts to feel something that she hasn't felt before. Jealousy. Why would Adaline be jealous? Elliot is her best friend, and nothing more. Right? These thoughts kept bugging Adaline, so she decided to just ask Elliot who she was.

"Elliot, who is the girl in all these pictures?" She asks, trying to hide the fact the the pictures captivated her more than she likes to admit.

"That's my twin sister. As you know, multiple births are frowned upon, so we grew up facing much scorn. As long as Lizzy was by my side, the derision didn't bother me. But it bothered her." He paused for a moment, and she thought he was done speaking before he continues again a moment later. "She couldn't handle not having any friends, or the threatening notes taped to her locker everyday. Soon, the torment caught up to her, and she couldn't take it anymore. She ran away. Took a few pair of clothing, and just left." Elliot explains, eyes glistening with tears he refused to shed.

Adaline felt sadness settle into her core, as they stood shoulder to shoulder facing the pictures and holograms.

Adaline could feel her emotions spiraling out of control. She knew what it was like to lose someone you love. You feel as though you've been torn apart, and messily mended together, large chunks aimlessly floating in space. You feel as though the world is crumbling around you, and you're so helpless, and can't do anything to stop it. You feel as though a major part of you as been stolen, and thrown into the deep abyss, never to be seen again.

Adaline knew Elliot was feeling the same way, and vice versa.

Without saying anything, Elliot slides his hand into Adaline's, and enclasps his palms around her own. Adaline responds in like. As Adaline rests her head on Elliot's shoulder, he rests his own lightly on her head. They stay like that for who knows how long. It felt like hours, but could've been minutes.

When love's at play, one can never know such things.

If I have any spelling or grammatical errors, please comment, so I can fix them immediately.

Constructive criticism is welcome, and encouraged. I would love to hear what y'all think about the story so far.

Make sure to vote, comment, and follow me for updates!!