1: First day in texas

You didn't know what you were doing but that's nothing really new. Your boyfriend of 4 months asked you to move to the middle of nowhere Texas and you had no reason to say no, you had an insignificant job, no family and no real friends- which is why you find yourself driving past a sign that reads "Kingsland"

Before you can start overthinking every decision you've ever made James grabs your attention by placing his hand on your thigh
"babe trust me, this place will grow on you, plus it's only a few months if it doesn't"
he smiles at you and for the time being it helps slightly calm your nerves 
"it's just gonna take a bit to adjust, once I get a job and a schedule going it's gonna be smooth sailing and porch beers, I promise" you say mostly to yourself at this point and he laughs loudly while the hand on your thigh tightens.

Driving through the town wasn't bad actually, it was a cute town with flowers on every lamppost and seemed to have people small talking on every corner.
You spot the largest building you've seen so far the words Hewitts general market" pop out to you with a had painted logo but what really draws your attention is the 'Help Wanted' sign in the window- you made a mental note to check it out tomorrow.

A few minutes later you pulled in front of small blue house, you couldn't help but smile, maybe these next few months wouldn't be so bad?

After bringing in what few boxes you had stuffed in the back of your 1998 Jeep Cherokee. You and James finally sat on the porch swing to enjoy a Texan sunset while trying not to focus on the heat all around you.

You turn to meet James warm brown eyes as he reaches out to hold your face and press a soft kiss your nose, you couldn't help the giggle, He sighs softly and whispers " I should've said this before I asked you to move with me"
You tilt your head, when he suddenly whispers
"I love you"

You think your heart stopped beating as he continued "I know you're not ready to say it back and I don't want you to say it until your fully ready but just know I'll always be here for you" As you feel your heart lurch into life suddenly hammering in your rib cage as your brain scrambled to find something to say, before you could process the words you heard a single
"Ruh roh" leave your mouth

Luckily James just laughed loudly and rested his head on your shoulder as you two appreciated the silence of the town.

You didn't know why you couldn't love James because on paper he was perfect for you- He was handsome, funny, smart, easy going and just oh so patience with you, you two got along from the second you met at the library and fell into dating the same week- you know one day you can learn to love him, right?