06. NARRATIVE

[ FREERIDGE ]

the school day ended and jada, jamal, ileana, and ximena were all walking out together.

" how was your day baby?" jada asked jamal as he sighed, "practically got abused by someone in math" jamal said.

"I will slit your throat" mena said as she was taking off her sweater leaving her in a grey tube top. "what did he do now?" jada asked

"he said that he would-" she began to speak before getting cut off by jamals hand on her mouth.

"girl quiet down. we are in public" he said as she rolled her eyes jada and jamal split from ileana and ximena

ileana walked with ruby and ximena was stuck alone, but she caught up to derek who was in the 14th street gang, they lived on the same block so she didnt mind.

they talked about difference subjects, "I wouldn't look now but a car is pulling up on us" derek said so calmly as ximena looked back causing derek to mentally face palm.

it was cuete and sapo, she chuckled and wrapped her arm around derek, "no need to be scared it's just 19th street." she said rubbing his head causing his hair to mess up.

derek was in love with his hair, so that meant that ximena had to run away from him so she did holding up her top, derek chased her leaving sapo pissed watching them.

cuete laughed st sapo's reaction. sapo clenched his jaw and cuete kept driving. cuete pulled up as mena was taling a break from running. "hey x" cuete said as she waved at him out of breathe. "we'll drop you off at home" sapo said as she raised an eyebrow, "you really wanna see my get my ass beat?" she said looking at him as she put back on her backpack

"just get in" cuete said as she opened the door laughing at derek before she fully got in. "you know were to go right?" she asked cuete as he nodded. "chill just talk to sapo he seems mad" he said laughing

sapo went in the back seat with her and placed his hand on her thigh. she got a text from derek asking if she was alright, she replied with yea just some friends taking me home.

sapo watched her type as she pressed sent. she looked at him as he had a pissed off face. "if you keep looking at me like that I'll do something to get me grounded longer" she said as he rolled his eyes

"you wouldn't do that." he said as she nodded, "your not wrong" she said placing her hoodie on thighs. sapo placed his lips on her neck giving her soft kisses. she looked out the window making sure no one saw her.

luckily for her no one was in the neighborhood at this time. cuete parked right in front of her house. she kissed sapo goodbye getting a slap on the ass from him. she thanked cuete before running to the door. she opened it and locked it after. sapo chuckled looking at her.

"you told me you guys werent serious" cuete said, "chill, shes just something to keep me busy" he said as cuete laughed. "good" he said

mena had finally bribed jos to bring down her punishment for a week. later she facetimed jasmine and told her what happened after school.

little after their called ended, dwayne needed ceaser and ximena to the restaurant as soon as possible.

ximena told jos where she was going and jos dropped her off before going to oscar's house. she walked in as dwayne was covered with bruises and scratches.

"oh my god what happened" she said as ceaser sat next to him. "19th street happened" ceaser said eyeing mena.

she cleared her throat, "for now on you guys are on 3 till sundown shift" dwyane said. "what does that mean" mena said.

"it means you get here at three and leave as soon as the sun is setting." he said as she nodded. he told the teenagers to go home as he stayed and cleaned

they insisted to help but he didnt let them, ximena and ceaser walked home the same direction, ceaser didnt talk because how pissed he was. "ceaser i have to end things with him." ximena spoke holding her phone in her hands.

ceaser rolled his eyes and grabbed her shoulders stopping her, "ximena your are so smart why are you going out with him." ceaser said acting like a big brother.

"why not derek? hes smart, kinda, AND jos actually likes him." ceaser said as she pushed him off walking away.

ceaser ended up walking another way not wanting to bother mena, she slipped her airpods in pressing play brent faiyaz.

she wiped her tears from just thinking about what she was telling ceaser. the familiar car pulled up and it was sapo and cuete again.

sapo whistled at her she looked at him and kept walking. he was confused by her actions and cuete kept falling her in the car.

she put her airpods louder and kept walking, sapo kept calling her name to get in the car. he soon got irritated and go off. "i know you hear me mamas" he said as she went on her phone playing the next song which was jhené aiko.

she kept walking and he grabbed her waist, she pushed him off. "dont touch me" she said and he was confused

he grabbed her and she tried to get out his grip. "mena what's wrong?" he asked her. "dont play dumb sapo, we are over that's its." she said as he chuckled.

"that's fine. you were just something to keep me busy. " he said smiling. she threw the necklace he had gave her and threw it to his face.

she walked all the way home with tears in her eyes. she got stopped by derek and he ran to her.

"hey hey what's wrong" he said wiping her tears. "let's just say I dont like guys" she said walking to her house and slamming the door.

vals thoughts
an emotional roller coaster.