[06] Bound By Destiny

[OUTSIDE]

Triss watched over Geralt while Valyria slept after overusing her powers and losing a significant amount of blood.

"Geralt....Geralt," Triss whispered.

"Valyria....Valyria," Geralt mumbled.

He woke up in pain but he needed answers and there was no sign of Valyria which worried him deeply despite rarely showing it to others.

"Your scars. You heal quite nicely. Your will to live is strong," Triss said.

"The princess?"

"I've arranged for her to stay a while with the Sisters of Melitele," she informed him.

"But...I...Her neck?"

"She'll heal too," Triss said, "You should know Foltest issued a statement. The honorable Lord Ostrit gave his life to slay the vukodlak. Miners are gathering ore for a statue."

She noticed him looking for Valyria even though he's the one heavily injured by the striga.

"Anyone else would've killed the princess. You chose not to," she said.

"I'll take my coin now. Valyria and I need to get back to our horses," he grunted.

Geralt forced himself to sit up as he looked to his left, seeing Valyria sleeping which relieved him of all his worries that he would never dare to admit.

"You kept saying her name over and over again," Triss mentioned.

"My coin," he said.

"So that's all life is to you? Monsters and money," she questioned.

"It's all it needs to be," Geralt said.

"It's a miracle you even had Valyria awake for that long especially after losing so much blood; she's healing up nicely as well," Triss mentioned.

"She's stronger than anyone I've ever come across especially to keep her heart so pure is a miracle of its own," Geralt said.

"You're both bound by destiny and whatever lies ahead for you will have an affect on her as well; I know she's more important to you than you make it out to be towards others even she can sense that herself," she revealed.

"Loving her will only hurt her....she deserves a better life than the one I bring," he sighed.

"Let Valyria make that choice whenever you're ready to tell her how you feel," Triss suggested.

Triss gave Geralt his payment just in time as Valyria woke up from her nap and they went to get their horses back.

[VALYRIA]

BRUGGE 1245

Geralt has been distant from me since we left Temeria but we were on the move as usual and we arrived at an inn.

"Okay, you've not spoken a single word to me since we left Temeria so what happened???" I questioned.

"Nothing your head should be concerned about...get some rest, Ria," Geralt avoided.