Chapter 20: The Ones We Leave Behind

BACK IN PARIS

Nobody's POV

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news! It's been five days since our heroes have gone missing and people are starting to wonder whether they are still alive or if they are in hiding. Nobody knows and everyone has their own theories. Did Hawkmoth get to them? Or did they go into hiding? Or maybe they gave up all together? But whatever the answer we must not give up hope. We all must believe that they will be back soon. On another note the local teenagers Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste are still missing. Once more we ask if anyone has any information that may help please contact the authorities. I'm Nadja Chamack and hopefully I'll have something more positive to report tomorrow."

BACK AT GABRIELS

"Our son has been missing since Tuesday and I don't know what to do. I've set a reward for people who have answers, but NOTHING still! At least not anything legitimate has come up yet. And on top of that Ladybug and Chatnoir are MIA so I can't even get their miraculouses to wish for you two back." He says to his comatose wife in the glass coffin, in his secret basement. "I just don't know what to do anymore." He says falling to his knees starting to cry. "I... can't...."

BACK AT THE DUPAIN-CHENG BAKERY

The bell rings as the bakery door opens and through it Alya and Nino walk through. "Hello Mr and Mrs Dupain-Cheng, any news yet? Alya asks, hoping they just forgot to call her.

"No, none yet sweetie," Sabine replies. "You know you would be one of the first ones we call if that were the case."

"Yeah, I know, I'm sorry."

"It's fine we all want her back." Tom says.

"You know it's possible wherever she is she's with Adrien, Ladybug and Chatnoir." Nino says, trying to lighten the mood. They all just stood there for a moment each thinking their own thoughts.

"Yes," Sabine says, breaking the silence, "Wherever she is, she's okay, I can feel it."

"Yes I trust our baby girl, she has to be okay." Tom says in agreement while hugging her. Suddenly the four of them had more hope and that's all they needed to get through these days.