Chapter 17: The Normality of the Teenage Hero's Life

The Eiffel tower is falling down, smoke rises from the city and from it Hawkmoth emerges. An evil laugh escapes his lips as he looks out to the carnage and claims the city. "Alas the city is mine!" Then he turns toward the point you're watching at and hones in on you. "And there's nothing you can do about it!" He says to you, turning back to the city's ruins. From the distance you hear a beeping noise. At first you think it's sirens, but as it gets louder... BEEP, BEEP, BEEP BE-click

Marinette's POV

I woke up with sweat running down my face. "Another nightmare," I say to myself while getting out of bed. 'You need to stop worrying so much Marinette!' Tikki tells me. "Yeah I know but-" 'No buts! If things get that bad Master Fu will take care of it ' She assures me. "Yeah you're probably right." I say back in compliance. 'I know I am, now get dressed. We've got a long day ahead of us."

I put on my school uniform, grabbed my stuff and went to the lounge area. There the mad kid, Bakugo, was sitting on the couch, listening to music and blocking the rest of the world out. I approached carefully to get a closer look, and when I did I saw he was holding a pair of drumsticks, and when I got even closer I heard the music he was listening to. It was some loud metal, like Metallica, exactly what you expect from someone like him. But my attention was more drawn to the drumsticks.

"So he's a drummer..." I whispered to myself. That thankfully didn't get his attention. Realizing how close I was I backed up, I didn't want to get yelled at. As I'm backing away I realize that I wasn't going to get anywhere with him if all I did was avoid him. So I walked around the couch and faced him. I spoke up nice and loudly and said, "So you're a drummer?"

Clearly he had heard me and opened his eyes. "Yeah and what's it to you?" he said with a harsh tone.

"Nothing, I just think that's interesting. Some of my friends are in a band, and sometimes I design their costumes for them."

"YEAH? AND WHY SHOULD I CA-"

"Don't listen to him." Kirashima says, walking up behind him and wrapping his arm around his neck. "So, Marinette, you're a designer?"

"Yeah, I design clothing, hats and pretty much anything else that's asked of me. It's one of my passions." 

"Wow, your face really lights up when you talk about it. Just like how Midoriya's does when he talks about heroing." 

It was at that moment that Bakugo had enough and escaped Kirashima's hold and stormed off. "Like I said before, ignore him. He's an angry person, especially when it comes to Midoriya. So it probably wasn't the best choice to mention him when he's in such an irritable mood." 

"Oh... wait, why does he have such a problem with Deku?" 

"Well they grew up together and now they’re sorta like rivals."

"HEYO! We all should probably head to class now." A familiar voice interrupts. I looked over to see a group of people and in that group the owner of the voice, Deku, waved us over.

"Well speak of the devil." Kirashima said as he walked towards our fellow classmates and I followed. As we caught up with our fellow classmates we all greeted each other. In this group were Iida, Ochaco, Deku, Tsu, and Adrien. We all walked to class together and as we walked we also talked. 

"So, what's class going to be like today?" I asked.

"Well, just like yesterday, normal classes in the morning and hero courses in the afternoon." Tsu said.

"Yeah but what about the whole fighting thing?" Adrien said.

"That doesn't happen on a normal day. I think he was just trying to scope out your combat skills and ability."  Deku said.

"Well I don't think he got an accurate representation of our skills." I said.

"Neither do I, the fights ended too soon to get your skills down, and you barely used your quirks." Iida said. 

"Speaking of, what are your quirks?" Ochaco said. 

Oh no this question again. I don't know how to answer it. "Our powers are actually opposite from each other." Adrien said. "It's interesting, so we're kinda a pair in that way." 

"Wow, that's AMAZING." Deku said with his face lighting up. "How does that work?" He asked Adrien.

"I don't know, it just does." I said with a nervous laughter.

"Oh yeah, your face just reminded me, did you guys know that Marinette is a designer?" Kirashima said.

"Oh my gosh! REALLY!?" Ochaco said. "What do you design, can I see them." She is so excited. 

"Umm, yeah. My book is actually in my bag in my room."

"Yeah, Marinette has some great designs." Adrien says. "Some of them even my father approved of and let me model in." It was at that moment I looked at him with a look.

"Adrien you're a model?" Ochaco said. It was at that moment he realized his mistake. That kind of stuff can be looked up.

"Uh.... well...." Adrien gave me a look that just said save me, but I didn't know what to say. You think I'd be good at this by now, as all my years as Ladybug. having to come up with excuses of why I was late or wasn't there, But my mind drew a blank. 

"Ok class get in your seats." Aizawa said as we entered the classroom. All I could think was thank god. Me and Adrien gave each other a look of utter relief. We had bought ourselves more time to think of an answer, or for them to forget. We all took our seats as Aizawa said earlier and he started to talk. 

"Class will be running normally today so enjoy English class." Then he walks out of the classroom and another adult walks in. I guess he's a pro.

"Good morning listeners!" He says in a loud voice. "To the new students who may not know me, I'm Present Mic, your English teacher!" Then he writes down stuff on the chalkboard and asks which ones are correct. And basically that was the rest of our regular school days. Then the hero courses started and Aizawa returned. 

"Hello class, today All Might will be teaching you but I have an announcement. Marinette, Adrien..." I perked up at the sound of my name. "At the end of class you two will go to the principal's office." What could this possibly be about? I guess it's only natural he calls us, he's one of the only ones who know our secret. "With that being said I leave the rest of the class to All Might." He says walking out of the class and All Might coming in. 

"Okay, good afternoon class. I know I'm retired but I can still teach a thing or two about heroing. After yesterday's class the teachers thought a calmer one would be a good change in pace for today. But Monday we'll get back to our regular lessons....." The rest of the class was pretty much heroing stuff I already knew. Like certain rules and other tidbits that come in handy out in the field. And then the end of class came and me and Adrien felt singled out. Me and him left the classroom together. All Might offered to take us, but we said no. We walked in silence and when we approached the door we knocked hesitantly.

"Come in."  We heard from inside. We walked in and there Nezu sat alone. "Hello children."