Chapter 2: Stopped in their Tracks

Marinette's POV:

"Uhhhh, Chat... I don't think we're in Paris anymore." I say while waking him up.

He sits up slowly rubbing his eyes. "What's wrong m'la-" his voice trails off as he opens his eyes, "Oh... what... where are we?" He questions while looking around.

"I don't know..." I say while turning to him. "But that's one strange looking building" I point to it. We both sit there trying to process our surroundings and our situation. Finally I break the silence and say, "Maybe someone inside can help."

Chat turns to me, "good idea m'lady" he jumps up and holds his hand to help me up. I give a gentle smile and take his hand.

He helps me up and we try to walk through the giant gates, but once we got within like, three feet of the gate it closed. Like five different thick layers of metal clashed together keeping us from the inside.

"Well now what?" Chat says turning to me.

I stood there baffled. I didn't know what to do. I was not in a place I knew, I was so confused. I tried to come up with any plan that could help. "Well, we coul-" I got interrupted by a piece of cloth wrapping around me and Chat. I looked to see where it was coming from only to find a man on the top of the wall, staring at us. His hair was black and unnaturally standing up.

He jumped from the top of the wall and landed in front of us. He walked closer and in a very intimidating voice with the scariest look I've ever seen. He interrogated, "Who are you?"