━━━ 13. home

|chapter thirteen:: home|

"IT'S crazy," Ander sighed, choking on his words slightly as we sat at a separate booth away from our friends, "I've talked about death for months, believing that I was prepared to deal with it myself and all on my own, but- but after what happened, I have just been scared shitless."

He turned to me and I eyed him as his eyes began to well up in tears, so I grabbed his hand and squeezed it slightly, "What do you need me to do?"

He smiled lightly at my question, glancing down at our hands, "I just.. I just need you right now." He then rested his head in the crook of my neck and I place free hand on the back of his neck, caressing it gently with my thumb, "Adriana, I'm so sorry."

I raised a brow at him as he sat up to meet my eyes, "For what?"

"This whole 'wanting you to be happy' thing," He sighed, "It was just for me for me to push you away. And I lied earlier, that wasn't my opinion. I do want you to be happy, but I want you to stay here."

I smiled a little at his words, but I could even respond to him because the detective cleared us all and allowed us to leave. "It worked," I sighed out, glancing at Ander, "It really worked."

He smiled back and stood up, my hand still in his, "Let's go." I stood up, nodding before we walked outside. I stared down at our hands, but as we walked out of the club, I couldn't help but look back at the taped off crime scene and the broken window above before we made it outside.

Lu and Valerio was ahead of us as Nadia soon came up next to me, smiling softly at me before walking away, though Guzman caught up to her. I break my hand away from Ander's to sit down on the steps as he stood in front of me, allowing us both to take in the fresh air.

I looked around as everyone began to leave and go home, but my thoughts were creeping back up again causing me a sigh to escape from my lips, "Ander," I called out and he looked back at me as I met his eyes. I bit the inside of my cheek, briefly glancing away, "I'm going to take the offer in California."

When I look at him to see his reaction, all I saw was hurt, "Can I ask why?"

"I can't be here anymore," I whimpered, holding back my tears as I turned my attention to the inside of the club, "I've dealt with so much these past two years and I can't- I can't do it anymore. I need a fresh start."

"So you're going to go with Niccoló?" He asked and I nodded, so he sat next to me, resting his head on my shoulders, "If it makes you happy, Adriana.." He trailed off as I sniffled softly at his words as I smiled a little.

"I want you to know that I will always love you too, Ander," I told him, my voice croaking, and I could sense him smile before I stood up and stepped down the stairs to look at him, "No matter what."

He held onto his smile and stared at him to keep it in my head before I turned on my heels to walk away from him and go to my car to see Guzman leaning against it, "I think we're both sober enough to drive."