━━━ 11. mess i made

|chapter eleven:: mess i made|

"DON'T," I heard along with a grip on my arm. I turn to see Nic holding me back before he pulled me over to the opposite end of the bar, "You're drunk, Addy. Let me take you home."

After a quick several drinks too many, my anger got worse only because Polo was still here, aware that he was unwanted. I avoided him at all cost, because I knew that my anger would get the best of me, but my drunken state got the best of me. When I saw Samuel pick up the knife at the counter, only for Guzman to make him drop it, I was quick to grab it.

"I can handle myself, Nic," I protested over the loud music, staring at Polo who stood at the other end of the bar, before looking at Nic, "Why don't you go home, since you obviously don't want to be here."

And he didn't when he had seen that I went to talk to Ander rather then go to the bathroom, like I told him. He gotten pretty drunk himself, but not as bad as me- or at least I think.

"I'm not going to leave you here, Adriana, don't be stupid." He told me, moving close to me, to prevent from causing a scene, "I know you're mad that he's here, but you need to let it go. Marina isn't going to come back by you doing whatever you it is you were just planning before I came to stop you."

I rolled my eyes, trying to take my arm away from his tight grip, "Let me go, Nic."

"No, Addy, I'm not going-"

"Let her go, Niccoló," We both turn to see Ander standing there. He wasn't fond of Polo being here either because it was causing a rift in the room as even more people wanted him gone. He glanced at me, but flared slightly at Nic. He was never going to like Nic, regardless of what he thinks is best for me, "I maybe weak from all the chemo, but I can still kick your ass."

Nic let out a dark chuckle before looking at me and reluctantly letting go. He then turned his attention to Ander, stepping close to him with a smug look, "Fine, but whatever happens is on you." He then stormed off, leaving the club, having it just be Ander and I near the bar with a bunch of our other classmates.

Ander looked at me, coming close, "You alright?"

I gave a hesitated nod, "Yeah, I'm okay." He nodded as well, but grabbed my hand, slowly opening it to display the small knife I swiped. He gives me an emotionless face and I return the same one, neither of us able to say the first word. I didn't know what I was planning on doing with it to be honest.

Though when he placed the knife down, he sighed, still holding my hand in his as he looked weak eyed and unable to argue. Instead he gave me a small smile, "Lets go dance."

I smiled as he intertwined our fingers so he could have me follow him to the dance floor. Surprisingly, he's the only thing that's keeping me sane as I felt stuck for the rest of the night. Earlier, I chose to go home but a part of me still didn't trust Polo. I couldn't leave knowing that he was here.