━━━ 07. enough for now

|chapter seven:: enough for now|

"ADRIANA, on the first day back from winter break, it was reported that you tried to attack Polo," The detective announced and I squeezed my hands tightly.

"Didn't everyone?" I retorted, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Yes, but it seems everyone only remembers how deep your anger towards him went," She explained, "Especially tonight when you threatened him." My mouth goes dry as she eyed me, "What did you say to him, Adriana?"

My breathing picks up. Calm down, Adriana, I thought to myself, calm down. I pressed my lips into a thin line, "I told him.." I trailed, no longer able to look her in the eyes, "I told him that he was a dead son of a bitch."

I grinned softly as I make my way over to Ander, placing my tray down on the lunch table before sitting next to him, "Nice haircut." He looked up at me from his book and smiled, rubbing his shaved head, "And that was very brave of you to tell everyone yesterday."

"Yeah, it was going to come out eventually," He sighed, eyeing my tray, "Is one of those for me?"

I looked down at my tray, staring at the two vanilla cupcakes that sat on there, before picking up one to place in front of him, "Yes it is," I nodded, but he raised a brow at me, so I sighed, "Fine, both were for me, but now I don't want to seem greedy, so here."

He laughed as he took the cupcake, quick to lick the icing off. Yesterday morning he told the entire class that he was diagnosed with cancer, causing me to think that if Guzman didn't tell me, I'd be the last to know like everyone else in class. I take my cupcake and bite into it, humming silently at the taste, causing another laugh to leave him, "Are you going to that party tonight?"

I shook my head, "Told you, I'm not a big fan of parties anymore," I muffled as I chew my food, "Only went to Lu's because she needed 'support'."

He nodded slowly, taking another bite from the cupcake but chewing it leisurely before looking my way, "Well, are you busy then?"

"Tonight?" I question and he nodded again, so I placed my cupcake down. Why was he interested in what I was doing? "No, why?"

"No reason, I just thought you would be with Nic tonight and I wanted us to hang out," He explained and I raised a brow at him before he cleared his throat, "As friends, of course."

"Of course," I hummed, finishing my cupcake.

"It's just that Omar is going to be working tonight and I'm going to be by myself, and not a big fan of watching movies alone," He continued, almost in a rush, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I know, Ander," I chuckled, "We did date, remember?"

He kept his gaze on me as if holding back something before chuckling lowly, staring at the bracelet, "How can I forget?" I looked at the bracelet, my chest tightening slightly at the sight of it. Should I tell him I'm busy? Is it too late to say I can't? But why would I, this is just us trying to be friends again.