Promise

3 WEEKS LATER

Madison

Kehlani was leaving tomorrow and honestly, my heart was aching. I didn't know when she'd come back. I was at her house, helping her pack her thing. I barely noticed that a tear strolled down my cheek until she pointed it out.

"Baby" Her hand cupped my face softly. She sat on the bed in front of me and looked up at me. "Hey, talk to me" She pleaded. I threw a shirt of hers off to the side and frowned. "I can't believe you leave tomorrow morning" She let out a deep sigh.

"Me neither" I wish she could stay forever. "What's gonna happen between us?" She shrugged which made me even more upset. I nodded sadly. "But what id you come with me...hear me out. I already have a cute little studio apartment and it's really beautiful out there"

I was at a loss of words. "Lani I don't know" Her hands interlocked with mine. "I don't need an answer now. Think about it, but I'd love to have you there everyday" Her smile went from ear to ear making my heart melt.

I kiss her lips gently. I grab the shirt I threw and hit her with it softly. "Start packing" I took off my shirt and switched into hers. "It looks better on you, keep it" She walked over to me and pointed at the mirror. "Cute ass"

I looked at the mirror and saw her tall figure standing behind me. Her arms were crossed and she stood in the gayest way possible. "I love you" I blurt.

She looks at me shocked, with wide eyes. I instantly regret blurting that out. "My bad" She smirks at me. "I love you too" I couldn't help but let a huge grin spread across my lips.

We continued packing until night time fell. Her suitcases were packed and put in the corner of the room. She came upstairs with a pizza box in hand and closed the door. I was cuddled under her sheets and instantly got up when I saw the pizza box.

"Yesss" I grabbed the pizza box from her as she turned on the television. She wanted to make the 'last night' memorable. She grabbed the TV remote and turned on Family Guy.

She looked at me, I already had a slice of pizza inside my mouth. "This is so good" I practically drooled. Her arm wrapped around me and grabbed a pizza slice with the other one.

After eating her head laid on my lap. The little pieces that stuck out of her bun were soon wrapped in my fingers as I played with them. Her eyes were soon closing causing me to smile at the amazing view I had.

Everything I had with her was so simple. It was a feeling that i've never before had.

"Goodnight" I stayed up a little longer watching television as she slept peacefully on my lap.

8:04 a.m

Kehlani was getting ready for her flight. She slid on some sweat pants and a sweatshirt. Her phone slid into her pocket. I looked at her sadly. I was getting ready to take her to the airport as well.

I wasn't going with her, at least not today.

"I'm ready baby" She grabbed her suitcases sadly and went downstairs. "Bye mom I love you and yes i'll call you when I land, I promise" Her mom and dad were waiting downstairs, I followed behind her. "Bye dad"

"VALE" She shouted. Her younger sister cane downstairs. She wasn't leaving yet. "Bye love, i'll see you" I waved a goodbye to them and closed the door behind Kehlani as we left.

I drove to the airport and helped her take her bags out.

"This isn't the last time we see each other" She titled my chin towards her and leaned against the car.

"Promise me you'll come back for me" I pleaded.

"I promise" Her hands held mine. I cupped her cheeks and kissed her passionately. I leaned my head against hers.

"I'll...see you later" She says casually. She did it so it'd hurt less. "I'll see you later Lani" She walked off with her suitcases but the dropped them and ran back.

"One last kiss"

X

Thank you guys for reading. Idk if their will be a sequel to the book but I hope you enjoyed it 🥺