Men Ain't Shit

—

Madison

I drive to the house angrily, tear stains marked my cheeks. I arrive to 'Jack's house' and rush in. I was trying to pack things before seeing him. Last thing I need is to come face to face with him another time tonight. I don't even want to see him anymore.

How does one throw away a four year fucking relationship like it was nothing?

He's FUCKING TOXIC.

After packing bags up I sit in my car thinking of where to go. Quite frankly I had no idea. My mom wasn't in town, and my brother lives in Miami.

I texted my best friend Maggie and she understood my situation. I went over to her place. She lived in a small TWO bedroom apartment. Thank god. I love the girl but God, she sleeps fucking terrible.

She opens the door and pulls me into a hug. "Hey hun, you okay?" I shrug and bring my suitcases and bags inside. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked and tried to help me bring my bags in.

"Nope" I answer honestly.

I get a text from Kehlani. It was weird. I feel like I was building a friendship with Jack's older sister. She was 26 which wasn't to much older than Jack.

Kehlani:
Hey love, how you feeling? 😌

Me:
Hey...i'm okay.

Kehlani:
Yikes, I can feel the tension through text 😬

After she texts back with that emoji I let out a little giggle. "Got someone new already?" Maggie asked trying to hover over me. "No no never that" I practically hug my phone.

"Mmm" She was always so nosy which I loved about her. She just does it because she cares. Maggie showed me to my new room. I put some stuff away and laid on the bed.

Now i'd have to get used to sleeping alone alone. But at least I don't have to sleep with a cheater anymore, yano?

I reply back to Kehlani a little late but it's alright.

Me:
Hey. Sorry I was unpacking.

I hit send leaving me frozen in my spot.

Shit.

Does anyone know how to unsend a fucking iMessage???

No? Okay...

Kehlani:
You on a trip or something?

Me:
Not exactly. Me and Jack split.

Kehlani:
What did he do?

Why did she just automatically just jump to the conclusion that it was his fault? What if it were mine?

Me:
Don't really wanna discuss.

I sigh and put my phone down.

Kehlani

I knock on my brothers door waiting for an answer. "He-" I push him back. "Are you serious Jack?" He gives me a confused look.

"What?" I stare at him angrily. "What did you do to her?" He sighs. "Nothing Kehlani. I didn't do shit" I laugh sarcastically.

"What did you do, you dumbfuck? You always manage to find some way to fuck everything up" I push at his chest aggressively.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me"

"FINE! I cheated on her Kehlani" I look at him in pure disgust. "You asked this girl to marry you and then you're just gonna be unfaithful?"

"It's complicated" He explains. "Complicated? Fuck you Jack. Fuck you. The only reason I didn't go for Madison sooner was because of you! Because you were supposedly going to treat her right and she was different! Remember that? I never made my move because of you, fucking asshole. You begged me to not even try. I didn't try because I was trying to make your ungrateful ass happy. You're fucking sick Jack" He grabs my arm roughly causing me to yank it away.

"Don't"

"Lani, I got the girl pregnant..." I look at him and open the door. "Figure it the fuck out then" I slam his door and get back in my car. I drive to my house.

My mom waited for me to get home. I had left from dinner with no explanation. "Lani, where were you? Are you alright?" My mom was always worried about me and believe me, I love her for it but i'm 26 years old. I'm fine.

"Ask your son what he did to his fiancé?" My mom grabs my hand and sits me down next to her. "What happened?" She asked calmly.

"Mom he fucked another girl and got her pregnant, yet asked Madison to marry him. He's been cheating for probably months" My mom stares at me in shock.

I felt bad for the girl. She was probably head over heels for my asshole of a brother.

I said it before and I will gladly say it again.

Men ain't shit.

Ya'll see this? This is why i'm gay 👀