Failsafe

Talon had so many thoughts going through his head."This can't be real,it can't it's only a training session but why does it feel so real I don't even know anymore"

Both her arrows hit, one explodes in the air while the other crashes to the snow.

Despite the crash, the laser turns towards her and whirs to life.

Miss M turns away from the now integrated canon. 

“Artemis. Behind you!”

She turns, another arrow nocked, and pulling back on the drawstring. The laser hits before she even releases.

“Artemis!” Miss M screams.

Behind Miss Martian’s back Kid Flash and Aqualad drop off the BioShip.

“Artemis!” Kid Flash yells while Aqualad looks murderous as he reaches for his WaterBearers.

“Get inside. All of you.” he commands, running forward with his WaterBearers out and coming to a stop where the ice has been broken and uses his magic to create a torrent of water that rips apart the ice.

Bringing the ship up near into the air, where it’s instinctive shot has no effect until he brings both his Bearers in front of him and the water turns into giant icicles that go straight through the ship and blow it up before gravity can even start to affect it.

“They're dead. Every single alien. If it's the last thing I do.” Kid Flash growls out.

Talon looks at the window to see gold colored eyes and veins,shocked he quickly pulls up his hood and puts on his goggles.

M’gann fights back tears as she pilots the BioShip, but her breaths show just how much she’s holding back from sobbing.

Kid Flash loses his temper and takes it out on the console in front of him.

Kaldur turns towards both of them as he stands. “There will be time to mourn later. Now we have a job to do. Defend the Earth and ensure Artemis' sacrifice was not in vain.”

M’gann has dried her tears. “Back to the Cave?” she asks.

“The Hall of Justice.” Kaldur corrects. “The human race must know that there are still heroes defending them. There is still hope.”

An American flag still waves in the wind in front of Capitol Hill, and a commanding officer looks through binoculars. “Now! Open fire.” 

Tanks and soldiers open fire at the Alien Ships, but they dodge out of the way almost effortlessly. Then use lasers on the ends of one of their wings to destroy the tanks.

The soldiers have to scatter as the large weaponry explodes.

A camouflaged BioShip drops in behind three of them, laser out, before the bottom opens and Superboy drops into one of the ships. Landing on the weapon first, then the top of the ship. Taking it out of the air with only a few punches.
The BioShip opens fire on the other two, taking them out.

The ship that Superboy is taking down skids to a halt mere yards in front of the military officer and his forces.

He jumps off the ship, hitting the iconic pose for barely a moment before landing in a crouch before the soldiers. As he rises the BioShip comes to a halt and de-camouflages, opening the rear hatch, where the Team waits for the ramp to let them down to the ground.