Getting to Know Each Other

Rosa's Point of View

            I felt bad for Hector. I know that it must've been hard without a dad, especially for his mom. I noticed that he looked like he was going to cry but he quickly stopped himself.

           "Are you alright?"

           "Ya, I'm fine."

           "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

           "No, you are fine. It is just that sometimes there some feelings that we just can't avoid."

           "Ya."

           I nodded my head slightly as I turned to face the window. The view from up here was absolutely amazing. It got really silent. All you could hear were the noises coming from the doctors, nurses, and patients outside the door. All of a sudden the door opened and the doctor walked in with a nurse right behind him. They both had an IV bag in their hands.

          "Alright guys! Are you ready to start?"

          "Ya sure."

          "I guess."

          "Ok, then let's get started!"

          The doctor was very enthusiastic, but I think it was just his job. I think he was just trying to keep our spirits up. Not going to lie, it kinda did. He walked over to the IV capiter next to me, hung up the bag, and attached it to a small machine. The nurse did the same thing to Hector. After the IV was attached, he pulled out the needle and put it in my arm.

         "Ow."

         "It's alright. You are doing good."

         I heard Hector let out a little "ow" too. Then they let the fluid start dripping. That is when I knew that I wasn't going to enjoy this.

        "Are you alright?"

        "Ya, I'm doing good."

        I looked over to Hector and saw that he was talking to the nurse. For some reason I got this weird feeling in my stomach. I thought that it was probably just me being nervous so I just shrugged it off. The doctor stayed for a few minutes and just made sure that everything was attached correctly and that we were doing well. After a while he left to go talk to our parents and the nurse went with him. It was just Hector and I again. We turned our heads towards each other and our eyes met. We just sort of stared for a while and I got lost in his mesmerizing blue eyes. I giggled a little bit and let my head drop slightly.

       "I'm getting kinda bored."

       "Ya me too."

       "Well, what do you want to do?"

       "Are we even able to do anything?"

       "Umm, I guess we could talk or play one of those multiplayer games on our phones."

       "You are right. How about for right now we just talk. Tell me about your family."