46. Extraction pt. 2

Hopper quickly wrapped his arms around El and pulled her out of the way as Joyce lunged towards them with a knife.

"Woah woah!", He nearly shouted trying not to cause a scene. "It's me! It's me!"

Joyce sighed in relief as she set the knife on the counter and then grabbed El's shoulders as she looked over her body.

"Oh my god, my poor baby. Are you okay? I'm sorry I left you alone", she asked as she wrapped El in her arms. She then looked up at Hopper and punched him in the arm.

"Ow? What was that for?!", he whispered.

"You're the reason we're in this mess!", she whispered back aggressively.

"No, actually he's the reason we're in this mess!", he said pointing behind him as Steve emerged with a black eye.

"Oh my g- What the hell happened to your ey-... You know what, I don't even wanna know. We need to go!", Joyce whispered.

"Okay, but where's Jamie?", Hopper asked as he took a quick look around.

Joyce gasped and looked towards the door that led to the hallway.

"Joyce, where the hell is my child?!", he asked again more aggressively before nearly loosing his temper.

"I-I don't know I told her to go hide?!", she replied innocently.

"I'll find her", he replied almost annoyingly.

Jonathan raised an eyebrow at Hopper's aggression, and Hopper exhaled, hugged Joyce, and headed towards the hallway to find Jamie

~~~

Jamie almost freaked out and couldn't tell if she was having a panic or an asthma attack. She held her breath as she watched David's shadow move closer to where she was.

"I know you're down here", he whispered tauntingly.

Jamie suddenly felt itchy and started scratching at her legs. David walked up to the crawlspace door and kneeled down. He examined it for a moment and reached his arm out to open it before dust started dropping from the ceiling accompanied by heavy footsteps leading down the stairs.

Jamie finally released her breath as she saw his shadow move away from the door. She leaned back against the wall and placed her hand over her heart to ensure it wasn't beating out of her chest.

Hopper held his grip firmly on his gun and stopped at the bottom of the steps. As David stood to the side and out of view, Hopper noticed a shadow coming from around the corner.

As soon as he cocked the hammer and turned the corner, his nose was met with a 2x4 which caused him to drop the gun and stumble backwards.

Jamie heard a thud and something hit the floor followed by the two men tussling. She took a deep breath, slowly opened the crawlspace door, and closed one eye so that she could focus on the object that fell in front of her.

-

"Wheres the car?!", Joyce asked once they've finally made it to the end of the long driveway.

"We walked...", Jonathan whispered.

"Yeah, so did we but I mean it's only like not even what? 2 miles? But if we run, it'll be quicker", Steve said.

"STEVE I AM DAMN NEAR 9 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH TWINS FOR FUCKS SAKE I AM NOT RUNNING THROUGH THE GOD DAMN WOODS!"

Steve stood there with his mouth slightly open in shock and at a lost for words.

"Let's carry her", Jonathan quickly suggested.