24. Boundaries pt. 1

Joyce and Hopper were both on their way grocery shopping the minute Hopper sobered up. They left Steve in charge of El and Will as they always did which made it much more awkward since Jamie was there now.

Steve sat on the couch while Jamie finally showered. El disappeared to Will's room for another session of learning to play Dungeons and Dragons and sat in the middle of the floor.

"I'm on my period", El told him proudly, embracing the fact that Joyce told her a period is nothing to be ashamed about.

Will's jaw dropped to the floor as he sat there feeling not knowing whether to feel uncomfortable or burst out into laughter.

"El... what the fuck", he laughed. He could do nothing but laugh and shake his head at El's innocence.

"What?"

"TMI", Will continued to laugh.

"TM-"

"Too much information. You say that when someone says something that's more than you wanted to know. It's like privacy", he finished.

"But I want you to know that I'm becoming a woman", El replied with a straight face.

El and Will stared at each other for a few seconds before bursting out in another laughing fit.

"Wait! So, tell me what happened with... you know", El eagerly asked as she crossed her legs and leaned in towards Will.

"Well", Will smiled shyly. "He likes me too."

"Eeeee!!!", El shrieked causing Will to laugh and lean backwards. "How do you know?! Did he say anything?"

Will folded his lips inward in a failed attempt to hide his ear to ear smile.

"Well?!?!", El asked impatiently.

"He asked me out", Will finally admitted with a toothy grin.

El fell backwards and then bumrushed Will causing him to fall backwards as well.

"Oh my god, finally!! And he's cute too!! Does mom or dad know that you...?", she whispered even though their parents were out of the house.

Will's face dropped as he sighed.

"No... I guess I've been scared to tell them?", he shrugged.

"Will, your mom will love you even if you married a goat. My dad will probably go buy another gun because now he has to deal with three boyfriends" , she laughed which lightened Will's mood.

"Well we've only been officially dating for a few days. It'll be awkward if we breakup like... tomorrow."

"Oh, right. Well, let's hope for the best. I'm pretty sure it's going to be fine", El finished with a sincere smile and laid her hand on Will's knee.

After her shower, Jamie sat on the couch wrapped in a blanket while snuggled into Steve. Steve wrapped his arm around her and rubbed her back as he helped her with her homework.

"Do you get it?", Steve asked after kindly re-explaining the same problem for the third time now.

"Yeah, it's just hard to focus because I keep listening to the tv."

"Oh, I'll turn it down for you", Steve said as he started to get up and reach for the remote.

"I got it", Jamie replied as she nonchalantly turned the volume down without moving a muscle. "So, the answer is 14 because you have to go from left to right, right?", she continued as she looked over the math problem.