Chapter Twenty: Secrets

Chapter Twenty-Secrets

I got up the next morning on my usual schedule with Ashton, except now we take showers together I guess-not that I really mind, but hey...it's better than being alone, trust me. I got dressed, I got all my things, and ate breakfast with Ashton.

"Nervous?" Ashton asked. I shrugged.

"Not really." I said. "Do I have to go to school?" I whined.

"If you want to be successful, then yes." Ashton said.

"What am I even gonna be able to do? I don't want to leave you." I said honestly. "I might just be a stay at home wife."

"Or you could run the pack for me." Ashton said. I looked at him taken aback.

"But you're the alpha..." I said.

"I'm also an Elder. It's not like I'm handing you the position as the alpha, I'm still the alpha. You'll just organize the pack, keep peace within pack members and other packs and alphas, I've noticed you're a people person, so this will be great for you. You won't have to worry because I'll still be there to help with treaties and decisions since you'll have to run all of that by me-so basically you're like my secretary or my right hand woman." Ashton shrugged.

"Seriously?" I asked surprised.

"It's not a lot, but it's enough to keep you occupied and to keep me stress free, I've already got a lot on my plate from the Council, and the pack is slowly becoming disorganized. So I'll need you for this." Ashton said.

"Why not Raziel or Xenon or Zyre?" I asked.

"Xenon and Zyre are betas, they will aid you and whatnot, but that's their rank and as a werewolf in a pack you stay in your rank. You're my mate, therefore you're like a femme alpha." Ashton explained. I picked up our plates and washed them off thinking about this. Ashton came up behind me pressing his body firmly to mine and wrapping his arms around my waist. "Either way you go, you'll still do it."

"How do you know that?" I asked stubbornly.

"Because control is something that you really enjoy." Ashton said. Of course he would know that. "I'm your mate, and you've tried to control me countless times before-if I didn't recognize that then we have a problem." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, alright. I'll do it, Mr. Convincing, but that's only to ease up your stress." I said turning around to see Ashton grinning.

"Wise decision." Ashton said. "Now let's take you to school." We walked to his car and got in.

"Is it weird dating a high school student?" I asked.

"Not really." Ashton said. "Why?"

"It feels like it would be a bit weird." I muttered.

"Maybe because you look at it this way; I'm out of high school and I've been out of high school for years, I'm twenty-three, you're eighteen, I'm a werewolf, and typically girls in high school don't date guys that are as old as their brothers." Ashton said. "Don't look at it that way, I'm just a guy."

"You are more than just a guy though." I sighed.

"You're making this more difficult than it is, Myra." Ashton chuckled. "When people see us the things going through their minds aren't what you think is going through their minds. Most of the time they see us and think: what a cute couple, or what an attractive couple, things along those lines, they don't judge us negatively and if they do it's out of pure jealousy."

"How are you so flipping confident all the time?" I asked looking over at him.

"My past has molded the direction my life went, took a positive turn because my dad was never there, as you already know I didn't want to be like him so I did everything in my power not to, I tried my hardest to respect women, I respect all women who deserve it, I didn't want to break hearts, so I tried not to, in all of this came confidence." Ashton explained. "If you don't believe in yourself no one will." He pulled up in the schools parking lot and turned the car off. I got out and he did too, he walked over to my side and shoved his hands in his jean pockets. "Stop worrying so much about what others think about you, cupcake."