2

Fuck it I'm sorry, I'm changing her main friend to Drew sorry. Zoe just doesn't fit right in this story...

____________________________

"So...you're pregnant" Drew stated, staring at the test with a concentrated frown.

"Seems so" Billie replied in monotone, tracing the jagged lines on Drew's ceiling with her eyes.

"How do you know it's correct? We did buy a pretty cheap brand. Don't these things sometimes mess up?"

"99% accuracy, Drew" Billie drawled, "Let's face it. I'm knocked up"

Drew sighed and climbed up onto her bed, lying next to Billie, "So clearly we've gotten to that bridge now. What are you planning to do?"

"Honestly...I don't know Drew" Billie said, groaning, "Can you believe it? Pregnant in high school. Mom, would kill me if she found out."

"You haven't told your mother yet?"

"No. I came here as soon as I found out" Billie lifted a finger when Drew opened her mouth, "And no. I'm not planning on telling my parents anytime soon."

"But don't you think you should?" Drew asked slowly.

Billie stayed silent, chewing on her bottom lip. Drew glanced at her friend in worry. She knew Billie was feigning nonchalance and peace, but inside, must have been experiencing turmoil of epic proportions. It was only a matter of time before Billie lost her cool and blew up. Keeping stuff bottled up wouldn't be good for Billie in the long run.

Drew rolled onto her side, resting her head on her fisted hand, "Billie, talk to me. It's not good for you to be keeping things bottled up."

"My mom's sister had her son at seventeen and dropped out of highschool.." Billie said after a long moment, eyes trained on the light on the ceiling, "She saw how much it ruined her sisters life. Do you know what she's always had me promise her? She's always told me to be really careful when I had sex and always use protection. She didn't want me to make the same mistakes her sister made."

"Billie..."

"And I just made the same damn mistake. I broke our promise..." Billie forced down the growing lump in her throat, "She'd kill me if she found out, Drew. I can't let her know. And I know my dad will be just as pissed"

"You will have to eventually, Billie. What are you going to do when you look like you've swallowed a watermelon?"

Billie chuckled halfheartedly in a weak response to Drew's light humor. At least she could count on Drew to keep the situation from turning dark. But even with Drew's calming presence, a heavy weight continued to grow on Billie's back, pushing her down, and she felt like her lungs were constricting with each breath she took. As if water was slowly rising, and she was on the verge of being drowned.

"I can't tell them right now" Billie reiterated, her hands loosely resting on her abdomen. It still hadn't quite hit her that there was something growing inside of her.

Drew sighed and closed her eyes. "So that brings us back to square one."

"What I should do"

"Right"

Neither said anything for a while, both laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling, lost in their own thoughts.

"I get to be the godmother, right?" Drew finally said when the silence had been stretched to its limit.

Billie snorted and rolled her eyes. "You're the only one in contention, Drew."

"Good to know." She looked at Billie seriously, "But all joking aside, when did this happen? Was there someone else after him?"