xvii. happy

LIFE WAS PERFECT

LIFE WAS PERFECT. 

Louise and Jack remained happily married with their children, Murphy and Molly. They went on the following year to have another little boy and called him Fergus. Then four years later, they had another happy surprise when Louise gave birth to another set of twin - two identical girls called Donna and Daphne.

Jack had major baby fever whenever they would hold a new baby in their arms. He constantly wanted more, but Louise had to beg him to slow down at least. They already had two sets of twins and a little boy - she didn't know if her body could take another pregnancy. Especially considering its natural ability to create twins unexpectedly.

She was grateful for every little Collins child that ran around their cottage, but by God, she was certain that she wouldn't let Jack get her pregnant until the five that they already have were old enough to look after themselves. But certainly, stop the two from pursuing in the act of making one.

Jack made a perfect father - something that Louise never ever doubted. He loved all of their children. Each of them got silly nicknames from him. Murphy was 'Nugget', Molly was 'Muffin', Fergus was 'Hald-pint', Donna was 'Chunky Monkey' and Daphne was 'Wiggleworm' - he called them a whole array of pet names but these were the most common ones. They were odd but made Louise laugh every time she heard him call them it. Louise's previous nickname 'Louie' soon turned into 'Mummy' while in front of the children or 'angel' whilst alone.

And it was true, in his eyes. Louise was an angel. His angel - sent right from heaven, just for him, and no one else could have her. He didn't think he deserved her, but that didn't stop him from treasuring her with all his heart.

Jack's nickname 'Jackie' changed in 'Daddy' in front of their kids and 'bear' whilst alone because he was constantly hugging her, in bed, from behind as she made breakfast, or when he didn't want to leave for work. He was her big bear and he was more than content to be hers. 

The big family of 7 were happy together and they wouldn't it any other way. Jack may not see it, but he saved her all those years ago on the Moonstone in the midst of the 2nd World War - he saved her from living a lonely life. He was and forever will be her saviour.

 He was and forever will be her saviour